Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us what you bought?!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭snaphook

Got a used set of Wilson Pi5 irons for a steal on Ebay.
    Ordered some Lamkin Crossline grips for them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Russman

Will be interested to hear how that goes for you?

Once I've hit a few shots with it I'll post my thoughts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

No, but create a "chat" thread for this one.
    Finally got around to putting together my XMas pressie, surprisingly large and well capable of taking a shot...

wmm71e.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'll be over tomorrow for a go! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,887 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Slave - you will be legend at hitting off cobble stone - nice job by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

No, but create a "chat" thread for this one.
    Slave - you will be legend at hitting of cobble stone - nice job by the way.

Ha, deep pile carpet remnant :pac:

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

slave1 wrote: »
    Ha, deep pile carpet remnant :pac:

Put a foam camping/exercise mat under the carpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

This is new to me - so excuse ignorance - how did you work out head weight ?

IMG_6130.JPG

Don't mean to hijack the post but I made this one from a video online.
    http://www.leaderboard.com/SWINGWT.HTM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

No, keep it as just "what I bought" posts
    Looking for a stand bag on the cheap side for a while now. Picked this up new for very little once I traded in an old Cleveland wedge I had

g_taylormade_stratus_stand_bag_white_black_slime_2013.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Russman

Just picked up an absolute steal.
    Been considering going back to a larger headed iron for a while now, but the choice isn't great for us lefties, eg the JPX825 is only available in the cast version and it feels like you're hitting a rock !
    So anyhooow, I'm in a golf shop today, looking at the options, G25, JPX, AP1 etc, I was more killing time and passing an hour to be honest, and see a set of MX20s that literally haven't a mark on them, absolute mint condition, they must have been sitting in someone's basement or something, its like they were never hit. Apart from the SW which has some small signs of use, but I won't be using that anyway.
    I know they're a 10 year old model, but not a whole lot has changed with irons, plus I had a set before and got to 3 h/cap using them.

Cost = €80 !!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Macker1

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Looking for a stand bag on the cheap side for a while now. Picked this up new for very little once I traded in an old Cleveland wedge I had

g_taylormade_stratus_stand_bag_white_black_slime_2013.jpg

Very nice bag. If you don't mind telling. Where and How Much ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Thanks,

Don't think he has anymore, but it was in The Golf Studio in Celbridge. It was up for €80 but I paid a good bit less trading the wedge in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I wouldn't mind one of them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭SEORG

Got 2 new wedges on Friday..

After a lot of testing decided to go with the Cleveland 588 RTX 50 & 54.

First time out with them yesterday...very happy with my decision.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

after leaving in my 5 iron to get fixed on Saturday, i decided to treat myself to some new grips while i was at it!! Got my hands measured and the grips thickened up to suit. Can't wait to try them later on.

2014-04-05%2015.23.47.jpg?_subject_uid=44836050&w=AADTV33vKzUOPDr3zgqlW_KktQSYGTOk-8CwiBwWi_WIZg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Had been planning for a long time to replace my Titleist 909D2 driver and Titleist 695mb irons, changed the lot last month, some new wedges this year and I'll be happy with everything then.

New driver - Titleist 913D3 - 9.5deg - Aldila RIP Phenom 70 Stiff

$_12.JPG

New irons - Titleist 712mb/cm combo (3 and 4 iron cb) (5-pw mb) - KBS C-Taper stiff

$_12.JPG

Both picked up off ebay second hand pretty cheap. £150 for the driver and £210 for the irons. Both in good condition.

P-TI4C501RHNP2_5-370_370.jpg

Golf purchases budget blown...now have to figure out which comp to tell the wife it was a prize for. Giddy happy..

Will probably be up on adverts by July:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

That's a beauty Seorg - is it the 2014 model?

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    That's a beauty Seorg - is it the 2014 model?

Yeah....can't wait to get on the putting green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

SEORG wrote: »
    P-TI4C501RHNP2_5-370_370.jpg

Golf purchases budget blown...now have to figure out which comp to tell the wife it was a prize for. Giddy happy..

Will probably be up on adverts by July:)

Beggs first refusal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Got this little beauty in a trade in. Had stopped using 60 but bounce was 4 so got 60 in 12 bounce and so far loving it. Got my first ever chip to check as well...like a kid at christmas :D

61CEFCHXNnL._SL1500_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Got this little beauty in a trade in. Had stopped using 60 but bounce was 4 so got 60 in 12 bounce and so far loving it. Got my first ever chip to check as well...like a kid at christmas :D

61CEFCHXNnL._SL1500_.jpg

They still doing them trade ins somewhere? Looking for a 56 myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

kiers47 wrote: »
    They still doing them trade ins somewhere? Looking for a 56 myself!

Got mine in Ballyneety only last week. 65 with any old wedge. Had a few there. Also the Golf Dept in Castletroy Shopping Centre are doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Got mine in Ballyneety only last week. 65 with any old wedge. Had a few there. Also the Golf Dept in Castletroy Shopping Centre are doing it

Cheers. 65 wasn't to bad. Might pick one up in a couple of weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

kiers47 wrote: »
    Cheers. 65 wasn't to bad. Might pick one up in a couple of weeks!!

Thinking of changing my 58 for a 56 in my bag although I don't fully understand the principals of the bounce etc.

In saying that I really trust my 58 in bunkers and around the greens but my wedge degrees go from 52 to 58 to 60 so there is a gap on the 90-95 yard shots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

Can anyone tell me how to embed an image?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

geeksauce wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to embed an image?

Click on the picture of a mountain/postcard and post the link

or quote someone elses and just edit the link to your own :)

American Golf doing it too last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Big thumbs up from me on those 588's. I got a full set last summer and they have made such a massive difference. I'm poor at chipping as it is but they made a noticable difference, and my approach play had really stepped up.

Crazy how getting a good wedge can make a world of difference.

I was using a set of those Seve wedges that came at a low price tag and good reviews, but they just werent any use. Absolute garbage compared to these Clevelands.

Cleveland were running a promotion last year where you could trade in any old wedge, but they were also just on sale. Halpenny sorted me out big time with my wedges and had a good selection, and a guy in there was really helpful in helping me out with going through bounce which was something I really didn't know a lot about.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Big thumbs up from me on those 588's. I got a full set last summer and they have made such a massive difference. I'm poor at chipping as it is but they made a noticable difference, and my approach play had really stepped up.

Crazy how getting a good wedge can make a world of difference.

I was using a set of those Seve wedges that came at a low price tag and good reviews, but they just werent any use. Absolute garbage compared to these Clevelands.

Cleveland were running a promotion last year where you could trade in any old wedge, but they were also just on sale. Halpenny sorted me out big time with my wedges and had a good selection, and a guy in there was really helpful in helping me out with going through bounce which was something I really didn't know a lot about.

How are the wedges any better?
    The only facet I can think of would be spin...?

Advertisement