Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us what you bought?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Just wondering what the sale was like generally? Might be worth a spin over. Didn't know they were moving out of there. Halpennys across the road will be delighted, unless McGs are just relocated to somewhere else nearby.

30% off their Galvin Green stuff as well - don't think I've ever seen it cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

TaylorMade%20SLDR%20Driver%204.jpg

Finally took the plunge and invested in one of these, after 7 years of Titleist loyalty. 3 years with the 910, and was actually not unhappy with it, but niggling concerns about a slight sacrifice distance-wise came to a fore when my 63 year old, arthritic father knocked one within 4 yards of my Sunday best last weekend. Dad's not actually short by any means but I'm f%*#"d if I'm putting up with that!

What do you think so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

What do you think so far?

Only got 9 holes with her last friday but happy so far. Bitterly cold so hard to tell if any increase in distance but wasnt any more crooked than i was with the titleist so encouraging!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Only got 9 holes with her last friday but happy so far. Bitterly cold so hard to tell if any increase in distance but wasnt any more crooked than i was with the titleist so encouraging!

Let me know if you are out Sunday?. I can see first hand

Let me know if you are out Sunday?. I can see first hand

Gonna try play between 9 30 and 10 30 but depending on frost threat, may leave it a bit later. Waiting on p o l to get back to me but if hes sorted, youd be welcome to make up the 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

No, keep it as just "what I bought" posts
    TaylorMade%20SLDR%20Driver%204.jpg

Finally took the plunge and invested in one of these, after 7 years of Titleist loyalty. 3 years with the 910, and was actually not unhappy with it, but niggling concerns about a slight sacrifice distance-wise came to a fore when my 63 year old, arthritic father knocked one within 4 yards of my Sunday best last weekend. Dad's not actually short by any means but I'm f%*#"d if I'm putting up with that!

Good post. Where did you purchase and did you get fitted for a suitable shaft and what was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Bought an R1 having used the R9 for the last two or three years. Felt I was swinging well enough that I could use a smaller club head (it's the tour version) to increase my swing speed. Thats the plan anyway, we'll see what happens at the range tonight and the first society outing of the year on Saturday...

Good post. Where did you purchase and did you get fitted for a suitable shaft and what was it.

Bought in golf studio in Celbridge. Theyve a v good range of 2nd hand clubs, of which the driver was one. Cost was 200e with a stock stiff shaft. Didnt bother getting fitted, just hit it on the range a bit before buying and was happy with it. Had my titleist with me to compare so was ok with range balls being unreliable!

Will keep an eye out for other shafts if I feel the stock isnt working out; I like chopping and changing and dont mind a bit of trial and error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Bought an R1 having used the R9 for the last two or three years. Felt I was swinging well enough that I could use a smaller club head (it's the tour version) to increase my swing speed. Thats the plan anyway, we'll see what happens at the range tonight and the first society outing of the year on Saturday...

Well? Interested to know the differences in the two(have R9 myself)

Had a crazy night at the range to be honest. Been hitting the ball really well for the last few months, particularly the irons and PW. So I brought my 6i, 8i, and PW with me with the idea of just hitting maybe 20 or 25 balls to warm up before trying the driver. Basically couldn't hit the ball at all with the irons! I was trying to pitch into a little basket about 30 yards in front of me with the PW and was missing ten yards to the right. I was pretty rattled by all that, ended up hitting about half my balls with those clubs.
    When I moved to the R1 there were things I liked and things I need to work on. I was getting a nice low flight on the ball which I wanted, been hitting the R9 too high I think, and I also seemed to be slicing it less. That said I hit a lot of balls straight out to the left and also sliced a few which has me a bit worried that out on the course the ball could go absolutely anywhere. I'm hoping to get out to the range before playing on Saturday to work through it a little more so we'll see what happens then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

30% off their Galvin Green stuff as well - don't think I've ever seen it cheaper

Thanks, picked up a galvin green apex jacket for 250euro was 369, some good bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

heffsarmy wrote: »
    Thanks, picked up a galvin green apex jacket for 250euro was 369, some good bargains.

Got myself Galvin Green gore tex bottoms for €175 was €249 already have the jacket so I'm fully suited now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Went 4 and 1/2 rounds without a birdie - bye bye putter.

Had a 2 ball versa - with Fatso 5.0
    Also gone back to 3.0 on grip. Still a big grip.

Felt all feel had gone from my putting.

Had a good time with old putter - best rounds - but needed something just to kick start again.
    But - I never liked that I had no line on centre line - two balls to me is not a line - so added my own line over time.

Undoubtedly - 3 birdies next round :D. To be honest putter very similar - liked the look of it.

odyssey-works-versa-v-line-face-2015.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭hades

Well just as FixdePitchmark gets rid of he's 2 Ball Versa, my one arrived.

Picked it up for around €140 from onlinegolf.eu

odyssey_versa_2ball_address.jpg

I have a Scotty California Sonoma, and i've been using it for a few years but i never really had any confidence with it. If it wasn't flush it was coming up way short for pace.

Time to put it into retirement, or until the greens get quick.

california-sonoma-1-500-putter.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SevesThreeIron

Bought a lovely old studio 2.5 Scotty Cameron off a lad on adverts at the weekend. Have a couple of others so had them out beside each other in the office at home.

The little drunkard (best way to describe 2 1/2 year old son) spots an opening while I'm on the phone and nabs the new putter, starts swinging it around and bashes it off the staircase. Nice little dent in the head now (the putter head, not the drunkard's).

Ah, what can ya do...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,180 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bought a lovely old studio 2.5 Scotty Cameron off a lad on adverts at the weekend. Have a couple of others so had them out beside each other in the office at home.

The little drunkard (best way to describe 2 1/2 year old son) spots an opening while I'm on the phone and nabs the new putter, starts swinging it around and bashes it off the staircase. Nice little dent in the head now (the putter head, not the drunkard's).

Ah, what can ya do...

The poor lad was probably thinking:
    So it's me, Son 2.5 vs Studio 2.5.... there's no way I'll win this without denting it.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SevesThreeIron

PARlance wrote: »
    The poor lad was probably thinking:
    So it's me, Son 2.5 vs Studio 2.5.... there's no way I'll win this without denting it.

Very good, I hadn't spotted the 2.5 connection! I think you're onto something there. Both are about the same height too though the Scotty is said to appreciate in value...

The worst part was I hadn't said anything to the missus about the latest putter purchase - she doesn't understand golfing investments - so I couldn't do any giving out about it afterwards. That's karma right there I suppose.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

No, but create a "chat" thread for this one.
    Popped into McGuirks Airside, best value remains the GG gear at 30% off or if you're an XL then there's some nice jackets (even for casual wear) with 70% off, Nike Heritage shoes @ €30, AD333 dozen @ €15. No putters which was a shame.
    Ended up with some Nike socks and a large putting mat, both at 50% off and a Nike top @ €12.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Got a Ping fitting last night to try out the G30, no intention of buying - ended up ordering this morning.........couldn't resist :(:rolleyes::):D

10.5 turned open to 9.5, Tour 80S shaft at 44.75" and midsize grip

Couldn't believe the hang time and distance/direction on mish1ts :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 digginz

I bought a 4 iron speedblade by taylormade and tryed it on the range.

the good hit flew around the 190-200 marks but what impressed me the most was my mi****s were not that bad either.

I now want to buy the full set...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Got new adidas carry bag. Used it for the firs time today. Great bag, light, comfortable, amble storage and looks good :) Only cost me €70 which was a bonus :)adidas-samba-stand-bag-black-white-2-300x336.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Got new adidas carry bag. Used it for the firs time today. Great bag, light, comfortable, amble storage and looks good :) Only cost me €70 which was a bonus :)adidas-samba-stand-bag-black-white-2-300x336.jpg

Great deal. How'd you manage that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Great deal. How'd you manage that ?

College Student Perks :P

Had a crazy night at the range to be honest. Been hitting the ball really well for the last few months, particularly the irons and PW. So I brought my 6i, 8i, and PW with me with the idea of just hitting maybe 20 or 25 balls to warm up before trying the driver. Basically couldn't hit the ball at all with the irons! I was trying to pitch into a little basket about 30 yards in front of me with the PW and was missing ten yards to the right. I was pretty rattled by all that, ended up hitting about half my balls with those clubs.
    When I moved to the R1 there were things I liked and things I need to work on. I was getting a nice low flight on the ball which I wanted, been hitting the R9 too high I think, and I also seemed to be slicing it less. That said I hit a lot of balls straight out to the left and also sliced a few which has me a bit worried that out on the course the ball could go absolutely anywhere. I'm hoping to get out to the range before playing on Saturday to work through it a little more so we'll see what happens then!

Got back out on the range tonight and it was much better! Kept the face dial at neutral because having the loft set to the highest closes the face 2 degrees anyway. I think thats what was causing me to hit a good few straight out to the left. I didn't slice too many as well. Out of about 60 balls I probably sliced 5 which is great. Hit a few dead straight as well which I never do. First round tomorrow, hopefully I can carry that form over to the course. Early signs are positive though"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

On their way. €31- Sports Direct......... for that one dry day of the year :)

Footjoy-Mens-M-Project-Spikeless-Blue-Grey-Golf-Shoes-74196129-93c1-4a12-b8ce-9127a0cfb1a1_600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Wombatman wrote: »
    On their way. €31- Sports Direct......... for that one dry day of the year :)

Do you have a link for them ? had a look on sports direct and can't seem to find them. Wouldn't mind a pair for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/footjoy-m-project-spikeless-golf-shoes-mens-289080?colcode=28908026

Discount code FEB20 was working last night for extra 20% off. Might still work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Macker1

Decided to treat myself for the golfing year ahead.

reviewheadcover.jpg

and

Tight_Lies_Hybrid_3_4.jpg

I hit both clubs well in the net at American Golf and if the results from the launch monitor can be transferred to the course I will be happy. Increased distance with tighter dispersion :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

So I was up a bit of money and went and treated myself to the new Callaway Xhot 2 Driver, 179 in Halpenny in golf.. there was a difference of 30 yards carry on the Launch monitor so be interesting to see how she goes in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

After much deliberation finally bit the bullet and transgressed into the world of distance measuring devices and purchased one of these:
    bushnell-tour-z6-p_13624871vb.jpg
    Hoping it'll take the pacing to and from distance markers out of the game along with the guesswork when going awol around the course. Have yet to try it out so looking forward to the weekends golf, now frost be gone.

Advertisement