Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us what you bought?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

No, keep it as just "what I bought" posts
    Just got my shiny new Mack Daddy 2 wedges from fore golf today. I got a 50, 54 and 58, so it will be interesting to see how I get on with these compared to my old ones, seemed to get a lot better dispersion with these on the radar.

341906.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭delboykelly

dwd wrote: »
    Just got my shiny new Mack Daddy 2 wedges from fore golf today. I got a 50, 54 and 58, so it will be interesting to see how I get on with these compared to my old ones, seemed to get a lot better dispersion with these on the radar.

341906.jpg

Will you let me know how you get on with these. I was thinking of getting tthe exact same ones. I have cleveland 50, 54 and Taylormade 60 degrees at moment. What bounce are on the new ones you got? And are they be same shaft as your irons. The photo shows 52.54 and 58 wedge. Did they alter the 52 to a 50? Thanks. PM me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Will you let me know how you get on with these. I was thinking of getting tthe exact same ones. I have cleveland 50, 54 and Taylormade 60 degrees at moment. What bounce are on the new ones you got? And are they be same shaft as your irons. The photo shows 52.54 and 58 wedge. Did they alter the 52 to a 50? Thanks. PM me please.

yep, the 52 is bent to 50 as callaway don't do a 50 with the tour grind, the bounces are 8,11,9 degrees for the 50,54,58 respectively. The shaft are project x 6.0 rifle shafts, which gets a much nicer/lower ball flight than old wedges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

The good revenue decided they took too much money off me last year and kindly gave it back. A very easy decision as to what to spend it on = GOLF. Considering i'm really going to work on my short game this year though what better way to treat myself than invest in a few wedges. Went looking for a gap wedge and got a great deal on set of 3 vokeys so said why not. Cant wait to get out and use them :)rnXKqFhttps://flic.kr/p/rEpMhK

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Got a ping g30 3 wood, explosive off the tee. Very happy with it. Got the stock stiff shaft on it, the tour one was too stiff. very happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

shaunac93 wrote: »
    The good revenue decided they took too much money off me last year and kindly gave it back. A very easy decision as to what to spend it on = GOLF. Considering i'm really going to work on my short game this year though what better way to treat myself than invest in a few wedges. Went looking for a gap wedge and got a great deal on set of 3 vokeys so said why not. Cant wait to get out and use them :)rnXKqFhttps://flic.kr/p/rEpMhK

Got the 3 exact same ones a few weeks ago and have been very impressed. Did you go for stock shafts? I went with the TT Spinner shafts.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Bounce on the 60 would be too low for me. Had one like it and I stopped using it as was too inconsistent with it. Invested in one with 12 degrees of bounce and its my go to club now. Just feel the extra bounce leads to more forgiveness

Got the 3 exact same ones a few weeks ago and have been very impressed. Did you go for stock shafts? I went with the TT Spinner shafts.

Yeah mine have stock shafts. Lies are a little off but pro is going to fix it up for me :-) lovely clubs though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

scotty cameron golo 5
    &
    titleist vokey 48 degree (nice all black matt finish)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I'll post here in a week or so!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

3 dozen taylormade tour preferred and one dozen free 121 euro. that will do me into next year for golf balls, got the kids names on the balls :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭shabalala

levitronix wrote: »
    3 dozen taylormade tour preferred and one dozen free 121 euro. that will do me into next year for golf balls, got the kids names on the balls :)

Where was that offer? And how long did it take for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

shabalala wrote: »
    Where was that offer? And how long did it take for delivery?

mcguiks i haven't got the balls yet will take 2 weeks to get them but their on the way
    use the 10% off facebook code as well , great deal !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Collecting this evening after a fitting with Halpennys on Sunday :)

Taylormade SLDR Driver 10.5 Stiff Shaft
    Taylormade SLDR Fairway 14.5 Stiff Shaft
    Taylormade SLDR Hybrid #4 21.0 Stiff Shaft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Dbu

2 dozen Callaway chrome balls...

I believe all the marketing tripe...

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Ping G30 22' Hybrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Aeroburner tp 3 wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Tilikum wrote: »
    Aeroburner tp 3 wood.

Reviews are that it is driver like off the tee. How did you find it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Reviews are that it is driver like off the tee. How did you find it ?

I had the stage two before it - An absolute cannon of a 3 wood. But I could never hit it high enough. It took me ages to decide between the 15* and the HL. I'm delighted with it tbh, it's easy to hit high too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Not sure if this is the right place for this but it's just popped up on my facebook page

Michael Murphy sports Donegal - Masters offer

Full refund on all golf purchases if mcilroy wins the masters

Refund made as a gift voucher.

Might interest someone thinking of making a purchase in the next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Pretty much have my bag sorted now so it was time to invest in a rangefinder. Haven't used it yet so hoping to give it a go this weekend.

Bushnell_Tourv3_Rangefinder.jpg

Collect my game golf this evening, going to use it for the first time in the morning all going well. I do love a good gadget!! Hope I get the use out of it now !

Collect my game golf this evening, going to use it for the first time in the morning all going well. I do love a good gadget!! Hope I get the use out of it now !

Don't forget to charge it!!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

No, but create a "chat" thread for this one.
    Don't forget to tag!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Jaysus lads your too good. Looking out for me the whole time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

slave1 wrote: »
    Don't forget to tag!!!

In about 18 months - all the Game Golfs will be in the 2nd drawer with the old tamagotchi - the PDA and the pocket calculators ;):D

In about 18 months - all the Game Golfs will be in the 2nd drawer with the old tamagotchi - the PDA and the pocket calculators ;):D

That's when you and I will buy them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

Have 3 Ping Glide wedges ordered. Got fitted at a Ping Fitting day in Cork last wk. Decided to go with 50, 54 and 58 degrees. They are 1/2" longer and 1.5 degrees flat. Was hoping to have them for this wkend but that is not going to happen now. Looking forward to getting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

th?id=HN.608003989076053330&pid=1.7

Picked this up last week.

• Advertisement

Bought grips during the week and fitted them this morning. Happy out with the result. Motto for the summer look like Rory play like Rory :)

344335.png

Advertisement