Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us what you bought?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Macker1

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Bought grips during the week and fitted them this morning. Happy out with the result. Motto for the summer look like Rory play like Rory :)

As long as your not throwing clubs like Rory you will be fine :D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

No, keep it as just "what I bought" posts
    Macker1 wrote: »
    As long as your not throwing clubs like Rory you will be fine :D:D:D

Good few water features in Tullamore!!:P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Bought grips during the week and fitted them this morning. Happy out with the result. Motto for the summer look like Rory play like Rory :)
    Hope you didn't put those graphite shafts in the vice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Hope you didn't put those graphite shafts in the vice.

Had a soft clamp thing and had the vice tightened as loose as possible...Will admit I was shutting it a couple times when I turned handle :p

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Apologies for the photo quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭delboykelly

Got an 35" Odyssey Tank #7 today with Superstroke grip. Went to putting green for an hour with it I and have to say it feels great. The counterbalance feels really comfortable. I would have went down the grip of my last putter anyway so it feels natural already. Hoping to make one or two more a round with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Anyone have experience with the callaway x2 pro steel irons? They're a great price so I'm thinking of taking a punt on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Testing out the newest purchase today, Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2. Rolled it lovely, very happy.

345286.jpg
    345287.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Got myself a set of these yesterday, 4 to SW.
    Got fitted two weeks ago so can't wait to try them out. Will take actual pics later.

Hope herself doesn't find out!!:D:D

RSi1back730.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

Got fitted for these bad boys yesterday in Greystones Driving Range by the TM truck.... Can't wait to get out on Sunday to try them out. Got fitted for the RSI 2 irons as well.... WOW! What a great club.... Budget won't stretch to them at the moment but will have to put my "surplus" clubs on adverts to see if I can do it sooner than later.......... anyone looking for a Burner 3 wood stiff, 4 rescue stiff,etc.,etc..... Link and pics to follow 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

Fitted by Callaway for a new driver in Greystones...Ordered a Callaway Big Bertha, 9 degree head with Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60 shaft ... Cant believe I have taken my beloved SLDR out of my bag but DAMMNNNNNN this driver is the bomb !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭one man clappin

ping25_zps0ijvixan.jpg

callaway_zpsrtbawwum.jpg

golf-membership_zps58hopuna.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Last purchases for at least a year.

Titleist 915F 16.5deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70

SM5 52.12 and SM5 60.07 to go with the 56 I bough last year.

I am also having my Scotty Cameron Newport restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

ping25_zps0ijvixan.jpg

callaway_zpsrtbawwum.jpg

golf-membership_zps58hopuna.png

wow you drive left handed and chip right handed :P

Brendygg wrote: »
    Got a ping g30 3 wood, explosive off the tee. Very happy with it. Got the stock stiff shaft on it, the tour one was too stiff. very happy

so good I got the driver today, Ls tec version. It was spinning average 2000rpm than my custom fit driver from last year..skeptical of where I got fitted now..tried both tonight on gc2 monitor.

Also got the adidas boa boost shoes, very comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Last purchases for at least a year.

Just so we have it in writing ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭one man clappin

levitronix wrote: »
    wow you drive left handed and chip right handed :P
    Well the way I played today, I would have to agree with you. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Finally got my first proper set of irons from a name brand after using Spaldings and the like, Taylor Made SpeedBlades, 4-PW. Can't wait to get them out and play a round, still in their plastic here, got an MD wedge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

As of today I am Finally a member of a golf club, can't wait to get stuck in and get my hcapp.

:D

The good revenue decided they took too much money off me last year and kindly gave it back. A very easy decision as to what to spend it on = GOLF. Considering i'm really going to work on my short game this year though what better way to treat myself than invest in a few wedges. Went looking for a gap wedge and got a great deal on set of 3 vokeys so said why not. Cant wait to get out and use them :)rnXKqFhttps://flic.kr/p/rEpMhK

got the 52 and 56 earlier in the week, love them! think their lonely without the 60 so might have to purchase!

• Advertisement

Brendygg wrote:
    got the 52 and 56 earlier in the week, love them! think their lonely without the 60 so might have to purchase!

I've gone back to my old 60 for some reason I just couldn't get used to hitting it but love the 52 and 56...would sell it if u wanted!!

I've gone back to my old 60 for some reason I just couldn't get used to hitting it but love the 52 and 56...would sell it if u wanted!!

not sure if ill go for 4 or 8 bounce yet but will let you know, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Went shopping yesterday.
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo irons 3-pw plus 52 & 58 in the wedges.
    Debuted them this morning @ Druids Glen where I've never played before and took the plastic off them as I required each club. Disaster on the first and got my sh1t together then to score 33 points off the whites which I was very pleased with.

Not so good this afternoon @ Greystones in the medal. I'm to old to be playing 36 holes!..... Still hit the new sticks nicely though so am delighted with the purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

TaylorMade Tour Preferred 54° and 58° wedges

The bag is looking might fine now 😀

search?q=odyssey+2+ball+putter+superstroke&rlz=1CATAAB_enIE636&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=657&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=rwpVVY_aC9GS7AariYGIBQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=odyssey+2+ball+putter+white+hot&imgrc=B8eKzsbfZRgvzM%253A%3BSaI3PFyBerhZpM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fguideimg.alibaba.com%252Fimages%252Fshop%252F85%252F10%252F29%252F4%252Fodyssey-white-hot-2-ball-left-handed-35-heel-shafted-putter-lh_415814.JPG%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fguide.alibaba.com%252Fshop%252F35-odyssey-white-hot-2-ball-mallet-style-heel-shafted-putter-steel-shaft-r_9514414.html%3B270%3B300

search?q=black+superstroke+3.0&rlz=1CATAAB_enIE636&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=657&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=kAtVVce_DvCU7Qbb1oHYBg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgrc=Db_LDJtSdvIqEM%253A%3BhjwAbpAS1gHBQM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fep.yimg.com%252Fay%252Fyhst-17159114447480%252Fsuperstroke-slim-3-0-putter-grip-76.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.rockbottomgolf.com%252Fsuperstroke-slim-30-putter-grip.html%3B1000%3B1200

Hoping these 2 purchases will help me with my putting troubles. If not at least give me a couple weeks of a honeymoon period :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Panrich

In my increasingly desperate attempts to master this game I have bought myself a straitjacket.

http://swingjacket.com/

Panrich wrote: »
    In my increasingly desperate attempts to master this game I have bought myself a straitjacket.

http://swingjacket.com/

Did you buy it on the shopping channel at 4am? :D

smash wrote: »
    Did you buy it on the shopping channel at 4am? :D

I'm a big fan of Padraig and I feel that he would approve.

I'd actually be interested to hear how it goes. On the range it might be ok but it doesn't look like the most comfortable thing to wearing when you're trekking around a course.

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    I'd actually be interested to hear how it goes. On the range it might be ok but it doesn't look like the most comfortable thing to wearing when you're trekking around a course.

I will. Look out for it on adverts in a weeks time for €20.

Advertisement