Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps4 lone ranger or xbox1 friendship

• 02-07-2013 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

I'm a 34 year old gamer and I have both the xbox360 and ps3 none of which I play at the moment kind of lost interest
    The games I did play were mainly coop with my mate overseas anyway I've been looking at the exclusive games that are coming on the next gen and I really want to go with the ps4 but my coop buddy is leaning towards the xbox1

anyone else in a similar situation
    the consoles are irrelevant
    so not trying to start a fanboy discussion
    because to me its all about the games that will be out on the next gen

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Option C: Get a new friend

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well if you think you'll enjoy the PS4 exclusives more, that seems like the more obvious choice. Doesn't seem logical to get one console just for the sake of a few co-op games with one friend, unless that's nearly all you plan on doing for the next generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Friends having a particular console is the main reason I'm getting a ps4. I much prefer playing games with my friends than with people I don't know even if it does mean I'll miss out on a few exclusives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Buy a PS4 and use the €100 you've saved to buy 5 €20 PSN cards and make 5 new friends; can't remember if there are €10 cards or if it's $10 that I'm thinking of.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've always been in the "buy the same one as your friends" camp because they're the people you're going to play with and swap games with. This is particularly useful during release silly season (Oct/Nov and Feb), a gang of us would all pick one game to buy and play and then swap to someone else in the group for one of the other big releases that month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mason Storm

I'm in a similar situation. How about you and I ditch our current co-op partners and become friends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am in similar situation. I got local buddy who want to go xbox one and I want to go PS4.
    I am still going PS4 as it is a lot better bargain then xbox one. After I have ps4 payed off I will start saving up for xbox one too.

I would love to play with my buddy, but I am not going to support inferior console ( to me ) just because I am forced to buy it to play with my one friend.
    I am still trying to get him to switch to ps4, but I found Xbox gamers to be extremely stuborn. Even if that means to get Playsation as secondary gaming device. ( generalisation and all that jazz, but I got another friend too who got 7 diferent versions of xbox 360 and point blank refuses to buy ps3 or gaming pc... )
    OP, if you have a lot of friends that you regularly play with ( And i mean REGULARLY!!! ) then go with Xbox ONE. Though if you do play only now and then with one person, who point blank refuses to consider other system, then maybe its not really worth the "friend" name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FLOODY777

Why don't YOU make the lead decision?! Tell your friend you've decided on PS4...so that's what he'll have to get if he's really interested in continuing the 'co-op friendship'! ;-) Result = You'll save yourself 100 Euro.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I'm in a similar situation. How about you and I ditch our current co-op partners and become friends?

get-attachment.asp?action=view&attachmentid=1404

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I am in similar situation. I got local buddy who want to go xbox one and I want to go PS4.
    I am still going PS4 as it is a lot better bargain then xbox one. After I have ps4 payed off I will start saving up for xbox one too.

I would love to play with my buddy, but I am not going to support inferior console ( to me ) just because I am forced to buy it to play with my one friend.
    I am still trying to get him to switch to ps4, but I found Xbox gamers to be extremely stuborn. Even if that means to get Playsation as secondary gaming device. ( generalisation and all that jazz, but I got another friend too who got 7 diferent versions of xbox 360 and point blank refuses to buy ps3 or gaming pc... )
    OP, if you have a lot of friends that you regularly play with ( And i mean REGULARLY!!! ) then go with Xbox ONE. Though if you do play only now and then with one person, who point blank refuses to consider other system, then maybe its not really worth the "friend" name?

To be fair he flew me over to london for my birthday bought me **** loads of stuff including a victorinox rescue tool , casio protrek watch and astro a40,s a while back

went camping with his wife and kids an all that
    he's a genuine mate even his 60 year old dad jumps online with us .

I'll go with my gut and get the ps4 and then get the xbox1 near Xmas maybe.

Anyone else get a long time buddy over online gaming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

On a side note he's a clever fooker that plays demon souls . Wow on the pc
    which to be honest I don't have the brain for but totally understand the addictiveness of them type of games
    maybe skyrim online will get me on that buzz
    Splinter cell conviction coop was amazing
    and saints row 2 full coop campaign was the business
    we played tonnes of forza horizon just blazing down the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I have a couple of long time online gaming buddies. I started playing Gears of War with them about 2 years ago. We've played a lot of Gears, Gears 2, Gears 3, BioShock 2, Assassin's Creed multiplayer and probably a few I'm not thinking of right now.

Though, honestly a lot of that time was at a time I couldn't even get online, i.e. from September last year until late May. It's only recently I've gotten back online. I actually didn't bother getting Halo 4 as I wasn't online. I plan on getting it at some point now that I'm online again.

We started out on Gears and we're pretty serious about our Gears gaming. We're people who have maxed out Gears 1 - 3. They went on and got Judgment. I'm not going to get it though as I hear nothing bud bad things about it. They're die hard Gears fans and will bitch about it, but they play it anyway. I'm ok with playing something else. I'm kinda used to playing something and being in a party of 8 of us talking away. If its a game that I don't want to be talking during, I'll just say I'll talk to them later, and jump out.

I don't really use my PS3 for online. I only play it for the exclusives and the single player, and even with my 360 I play far more single player than multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Friends having a particular console is the main reason I'm getting a ps4. I much prefer playing games with my friends than with people I don't know even if it does mean I'll miss out on a few exclusives.

Ya u'll end up playing it a lot more if your friends are all on it. Personally im going ps4 too....i have a ps3 at the moment but was open to changing. But the ps+ and €100 cheaper has won me over.

Its annoying that there prob never will be cross platform games!

To be fair he flew me over to london for my birthday bought me **** loads of stuff including a victorinox rescue tool , casio protrek watch and astro a40,s a while back

went camping with his wife and kids an all that
    he's a genuine mate even his 60 year old dad jumps online with us .

I'll go with my gut and get the ps4 and then get the xbox1 near Xmas maybe.

Well in this case, I would go with Xbox one first, then ps4. Looks like he is more then online friend. Waiting on few exclusive wont be worth a separation. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Thread : How will you choose between MS & Sony's new consoles?........ Part 2 ..............*yawn*

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056860470

Convince him that PS4 is better, which shouldn't be hard. There should be no reason that he leans towards Xbox One

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Thread : How will you choose between MS & Sony's new consoles?........ Part 2 ..............*yawn*

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056860470

Convince him that PS4 is better, which shouldn't be hard. There should be no reason that he leans towards Xbox One

Dont underestimate the power Xbox fanboys m8. I see them in action and its not pretty ( by any means I am not saying all xbox 360 gamers are fanboys, if what the latest MS bull**** campaign proves there are a lot more reasonable people then fanboys ). No matter what you say to true xbox fanboy - "nope, xbox is awesome."
    This situation is not as rare as you think. I got 2 friend who just going to Xbox one, no matter what I said, they want xbox, no talking to them. At least one really wants a PC after having a taste of my PC setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Depends how passionate you are with your own interests, I'd always choose the console that has the games I want as a first priority. I'd spend most of my gaming time with single player games and friends taste in multiplayer games and consoles tends to vary widely between people and over time so it's not something I'd make an investment into.
    But if you aren't that big into gaming or spend most of your gaming time in multiplayer with a friend then of course it makes sense to follow their lead.

If you're not a heavy gamer and only planning to buy 1 console per generation I'd advise waiting a year or two into the new generation to see how things pan out. Between hardware failures and market share you just don't know how things will pan out from the outset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

maybe your the stubborn one?
    he prefers xbox one
    why should he change just to have a friend? it works both ways so grow up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Compromise and get a Wii U Steam PC.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    maybe your the stubborn one?
    he prefers xbox one
    why should he change just to have a friend? it works both ways so grow up :pac:

That's the reason why I am getting Xbox one after I get ps4. Where he count be getting ps4 at all. There is a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

That's the reason why I am getting Xbox one after I get ps4. Where he count be getting ps4 at all. There is a difference.

ok so lets get this straight

your willing to pay for a ps4 and xboxone ( 900quid ) + games for both consoles
    just so you can have a friend to play with?

by any chance can i have a loan please? :pac:

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    ok so lets get this straight

your willing to pay for a ps4 and xboxone ( 900quid ) + games for both consoles
    just so you can have a friend to play with?

by any chance can i have a loan please? :pac:

I got 2xgaming PCs, ps3,xbox360 ( broke down ), ps vita, 3ds. I am a gamer, its my hobby. I will get both consoles, because I like some exclusive games on system too. I am not limiting myself to one system and missing out on other games.
    900eu is not that much for 2 consoles, and I am not planing to buy both in one go. My GPU in my gaming PC costed 550eu alone. I am not that rich, just put my earnings in to Gaming, Cars and Lego, instead of drink, fags and bull****.

Advertisement