Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1200 Gaming Build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I said an overclocked 7950 would be as fast as a 770gtx. I meant a stock 770 but I guess it depends what model and what clocks.

Even if it's 5% off the money saved makes it the better option like you said.

There's not much extra overclocking headroom on those 770's anyway. They are clocked really high already.

Overall the revised build would be about 10% less powerful than your op but you get a ton of extras for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Totally! Like I said, about 60 euro less 8 MONTHS ago for almost the same performance. And you're right, very little performance headroom on them overclocking-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BBKO65S

It has jumped up to £214, which is still a lot cheaper than most sites. On June 18th it was £257.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Danger781 wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BBKO65S

It has jumped up to £214, which is still a lot cheaper than most sites. On June 18th it was £257.

It's worth it still all the way to 240 pounds I'd say. Still a great deal.

Gumbi wrote: »
    It's worth it still all the way to 240 pounds I'd say. Still a great deal.

Depends if you can get a decent price over at OCUK with their never settle bundle of 8 games :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭solidMGSsnake

BloodBath wrote: »
    Maybe stop asking people who know nothing about pc's and read some reviews by professionals? The majority of us here use Asrock boards. I'd say at least 50-70% of the board recommendations here are Asrock and I haven't seen a single person complain about them yet. I know many people IRL who also use Asrock boards, I use an Asrock board, and none of us have had any issues. If that's not a good enough recommendation for you combined with the many many good reviews by reputable websites then by all means go with something else.

What makes you think I'm not reading reviews by professionals as well? How do you know they know nothing about PCs, you have no idea who they are. This isn't the only forum I'm asking for help on, I want to try get as much help and advice as possible in order to get the best build possible.
    I don't know who they are and I don't know who you are. For all I know they could know a lot about PCs and you could know nothing. On the other hand, they could know nothing and you could be right, but I can't know for sure. All I'm doing is taking everyone's advice into account, plus professional reviews and comments from buyers in order to form my own opinion. I think that is the wisest thing to do.

On the 2 other forums I'm on, the people, who appear to be as competent as you at PC building, have advised me to stay away from them. Plus some (but not all) reviews said that the board isn't sturdy but appears to still be strong.

Some comments I've read from buyers (who most have some idea about PCs as well considering they are buying motherboards in the first place) said that they didn't work, or were flimsy and I already told you about a few comments that complained about the customer support even though he bought from Amazon.

However that's not to say there weren't good comments praising the board as well, but its ratings on Newegg had considerably more negative comments they the other boards I looked at. However there were still more good comments than bad, I'm just saying there were more negative than usual. Plus you never told me that most people on Boards.ie use Asrock, that actually give me some piece of mind.

I'm just nervous about the brand that's all. Which is understandable considering the surplus of negative reviews compared to say Gigabyte. Please don't take it as a personal offence. I mean besides that, I've used like 95% of your suggested build so I don't know why your getting annoyed with me.
    That being said, it doesn't look that bad, I'll check reviews and such and decide whether or not to get it.
    I hadn't intended on using every last penny. I knocked the build together using any bargains I knew about and it came to that price. I was trying to keep it under €1200. There's probably still room to knock about €20-30 off the price. If you're short you could always drop something like the mechanical keyboard and get it later.

Which is more worth while, the gaming mouse or keyboard? Because I already have a mouse to use whereas unless I opt to also get a cheap keyboard, I'll be without one altogether.

Also the PSU you have suggested is only 500W. You said earlier my PC could run around 450W, but a PSU also needs overhead. Is 50W honestly enough?
    Honestly, Bloodbath knows what he's talking about. Absolutely no need for Haswell if gaming. People on first gen i5s/7s are still fine for gaming if overclocked. And that's not conceding anything. The GPU will still be the bottleneck.

It's not it's performance I'm worrying about, it's its apparent flimsy material and bad customer service. Also what do you mean my GPU will be the bottleneck? Do you mean If I chose that build or in any case?
    7950 is simply a fantastic buy. I will disagree with BB a bit on the performance. The 770 is faster. My friends Windforce one (factory OC, but sher so does my own) is slightly faster than my own card even when overclocked to 1200mz, and most people should expect 1100mhz from their 7950 (1200 costs a lot heat wise and from a sound perspective!). But here's the crux of it all - my friend is still a bit bummed that I have near the same performance (something like only 5% behind), and I paid less money for the card OVER 8 MONTHS AGO. I paid 330 quid for my card in September, my friend paid 329 POUNDS for his own only 2 weeks ago.
    I said an overclocked 7950 would be as fast as a 770gtx. I meant a stock 770 but I guess it depends what model and what clocks.

Even if it's 5% off the money saved makes it the better option like you said.

There's not much extra overclocking headroom on those 770's anyway. They are clocked really high already.

Overall the revised build would be about 10% less powerful than your op but you get a ton of extras for the same price.
    Totally! Like I said, about 60 euro less 8 MONTHS ago for almost the same performance. And you're right, very little performance headroom on them overclocking-wise.

Wait so which card are you telling me to get?
    The 7950 is simply a fantastic card for the price. And you shouldn't "go with your gut" on other components if you don't really know what you're talking about.

I don't know what you mean by that, when have I gone with my gut on any component? I've simply got feedback from multiple people and formed my opinion around that.

Hey Bloodbath you never told me if I should go with Danger781's suggestion of a monitor or go with yours.
    This is my last post on the topic. Do whatever you want.

Please don't go just yet! :(
    I'm so close to finalizing my build and you have helped me a great lot. It would be great if I could show you the final build I chose and if your not too busy, get feedback from you on it.

I would go with the 7950. I did in my own build.

The 7950 is a much cheaper card, with at most a very minor downgrade in performance. It's arguable that there wouldn't even be a downgrade.

The 7950 has 3GB of VRAM over 2GB of VRAM on the 770. More VRAM leaves you open to using higher resolutions in the future.

That fact that the 7950 is cheaper leaves you open to Crossfire as well in the future without costing you too much money.

And if you're so worried about getting a 'flimsy' board, you could always go for one of the Asus TUF series.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SABERTOOTH-Motherboard-Support-CrossfireX-Supports/dp/B007KZQEHQ
    The TUF series delivers a “tough” image. With the unique design & high quality components (military-standard), TUF series is born for pursuing the preeminent stability, all-round compatibility, and extreme durability

I don't advise it, but at least you won't need to worry about it being 'flimsy' :rolleyes:

Well I can't speak for every board Asrock has but I've installed parts on the z77 pro 3 and pro 4 and have not noticed poor build quality or any flex whatsoever in the boards. The only thing I noticed was that they were slightly smaller than full atx boards. That's the budget board series. The extreme is better quality again.

I'm not sure what reviews you have been reading but they seem to be in contrast to the ones I've read and the average customer ratings for any Asrock board on Amazon or Newegg is between 4-5 out of 5.

I can understand you being nervous about the brand. I was too when building rigs for myself and my mates who all ordered at the same time and i selected the parts and built the rigs. The professional reviews and customer reviews was all I needed. I've learned from spending way too much on boards and rigs in the past. My first self build cost €2500. Money pissed away really.

It's still only a suggestion and you can go for whatever you want of course. If you prefer gigabyte or Asus then go for them. Just don't get carried away paying more for features you won't need or use.

I would say a good gaming mouse would be better than the keyboard in the short term. You would have to wait a few weeks for that mechanical keyboard anyway.

The new psu is for the last build which doesn't support dual cards so you don't need as much power. I would say the new rig would use around 300-350w max overclocked.

He's telling you to get the 7950. There's a games bundle that comes with it as well. You will get 4 new releases free but you will have to email HWVS for the game codes.

The monitor from Argos is the older model that used to be on HWVS. The newer model is only €6 more so I'd go with it as it uses their newer AH-IPS panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Hey Bloodbath shouldn't you be hungover seeing as you went out on the piss last night?
    :)

• Advertisement

I ended up not going out :) Going for pints in the sun now to watch the wimbledon final instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Enjoy:)

Well I can't speak for every board Asrock has but I've installed parts on the z77 pro 3 and pro 4 and have not noticed poor build quality or any flex whatsoever in the boards. The only thing I noticed was that they were slightly smaller than full atx boards. That's the budget board series. The extreme is better quality again.

If the Extreme 3 is better than why did you change it to the Pro?
    He's telling you to get the 7950. There's a games bundle that comes with it as well. You will get 4 new releases free but you will have to email HWVS for the game codes.

What's HWVS? Is that http://www.hardwareversand.de for short?
    I thought the deal came with 8 games and was done by OCUK not HWVS, so why would I need to email them? Also would they not send out physical copies of the games?

And if you're so worried about getting a 'flimsy' board, you could always go for one of the Asus TUF series.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SABERTOOTH-Motherboard-Support-CrossfireX-Supports/dp/B007KZQEHQ

I don't advise it, but at least you won't need to worry about it being 'flimsy' :rolleyes:

Why wouldn't you recommend it? If it's as powerful as the Asrock but more durable then why isn't it better?

Why wouldn't you buy a tank instead of a car because it's tougher?

Because it's totally unnecessary, that's why.

It's a bloody motherboard that is going to be secured by 10 screws to the case. It doesn't have to be made from 5 inch thick steel.
    If the Extreme 3 is better than why did you change it to the Pro?

The extreme's main advantage is it supports sli and has a higher power output to the processor. However 3570ks are very low power cpus and they don't need the extra phases of the extreme unless you are doing extreme cooling and voltages.

As it's a 1080p machine I don't think dual gpus are necessary either which allows you to save money on the board and power supply.

HWVS ( yes hardwareversand) do a 4 game bundle, ocuk do the 8 but for a limited time. Go with whatever. You won't get physical copies with any of them. You get codes that allow you to download the games.

It's a bloody motherboard that is going to be secured by 10 screws to the case. It doesn't have to be made from 5 inch thick steel.

The extreme's main advantage is it supports sli and has a higher power output to the processor. However 3570ks are very low power cpus and they don't need the extra phases of the extreme unless you are doing extreme cooling and voltages.

As it's a 1080p machine I don't think dual gpus are necessary either which allows you to save money on the board and power supply.

HWVS ( yes hardwareversand) do a 4 game bundle, ocuk do the 8 but for a limited time. Go with whatever. You won't get physical copies with any of them. You get codes that allow you to download the games.

I still can't find the deal on OCUK and I looked for the deal on HWVS and couldn't find it either.
    Can someone please provide a link to both deals before they expire.

Also would the games from HWVS not be in German? Not all games have a language select.

I think I might as well get this build, I'm so sick of waiting for my PC and revising the build over and over. I just really hope that this build is as powerful as you say it is. I don't want to spend all this money just to get something that can only run medium graphics.

The only thing is I probably don't have €1260, only around €1230 and if I can help it, I would like the get the Deep Silence One Dark Black as seemed pretty good and a silent case, with wiring holes and a dust door is always nice. Plus I need to get a crappy keyboard to keep me going as well.

Although that's not to say the Cooltek Antiphon isn't a good case, but most cheap cases that prioritize silence aren't that great, or so I've heard. The only thing is, no matter what case I get, I'm quite set on a black or grey case, I just don't like the look of silver. The Cooltek Antiphon has a black but its delivery date is unknown, in fact a few of my items say that. Does that mean I'll have to wait for these items? It would be very annoying to get half my build but not able to start because my case or PSU or OS haven't arrived.

Also, a minor thing, why is the Red and Blue version of the Keyboard €20 dearer than the Brown?
    What's the difference between them besides the backlight? Is it got to do with the quietness of the key presses? It's a shame too because I would love the blue backlight.

Is there a certain reason you went with that gaming mouse out of all the others of similar price? Or are they just as good as each other? Because if they are as good, I might look at one I like the look of. If not though that mouse is fine :)

Finally besides my still iffiness of the Asrock, I'll put faith in you :)
    Thank you for taking the time to create builds to suit my needs and re-modifying them when I brought up questions. The ONLY thing that is missing from my build now is a headset/mic for online play, but I'm sure I can get a cheap one in Argos or something for €30 and later down the line get a very nice one with padding and everything. My sister actually has a very terrible mic that I'm I can borrow at first.

One thing though is I have the official PS3 bluetooth headset and the Halo Reach Xbox 360 bluetooth headset. I wonder if they could connect to my PC if I got a bluetooth card or whatever they are called. How expensive are they? Or would I be better off just getting a USB headset down the road like I said above?

Haha don't go changing the build now to suit all that, I don't think there is anymore value to be squeezed out of this build, I'm probably pushing my luck with this budget anyway.

This :)

Edit: OCUK Games bundle http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=56&subid=1502

hardwareversand you would need to email them telling them that you bought one of the cards and would like the codes for the games.

Amazon don't do the bundle.

They don't send you physical copies. They're all DRM keys for Steam, Origin, or UPlay, depending on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

There's nothing significantly wrong with Asrock above other boards. I think I've heard my share of RMAs and complaints about every manufacturer at this stage and I can't say that I wouldn't recommend Asrock, that's even though I returned one of their boards, but it's just luck of the draw. Different manufacturers will move around in reliability across generations. E.g., Asus used to be one of the top makers around with Asrock being the budget equivalent. Then Asrock increase in quality and features over the years while Asus took a dive there last generation; I would most definitely have gone Asrock over Asus. Now Asus are reclaiming their place again. Same way with Gigabyte, everyone was buying their P55 boards because they overclocked well and were one of the first on the block to get USB3 out. They had a load of issues over the last while, but seemed to have copped on as well.

If you don't like Asrock, MSI have a few decent boards that are often competitive enough. However, if you're buying that Z75 board from amazon, I don't think the price can be beaten.

The games wouldn't be in German as you're getting the keys as Danger says. You download the local version from steam etc. I think the bulk of the time, it's where you activate it that matters rather than the key itself (there's occasionally region restricted keys).

If you're going to be spending that much on a Deep Silence One Dark Black, you could also consider the Fractal Design Define R4 (~€100) or the Mini version (~€85) for mATX... which mightn't be worth it if you need to switch board.
    The R4 is a really quiet case.

The cooltek is a budget case so yes it's not perfect but it's great for it's price.

The nanoxia is clearly the better case though.

You won't be running anything on medium. Overclock the card and the only thing it will struggle with is Crysis 3. Turn a couple of settings down that have little impact on graphics quality and it's all good and still looks amazing.

You will be hard pushed to get a better mouse than the drakonia for less than €40. There's the Perixx mx-2000 on Amazon, which I have, which is identical except its black and has a rubberised surface but costs €5 more.

HWVS won't ship the order until everything is in stock. They are usually quick to restock though.

I'm not sure why they cost more. It could be a different supplier. The red and blue just use different mechanical switches. The reds have no tactile feedback while the blue's have a click mid press and are the loudest.

Guide to mechanical's here.

http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide

This headset is supposed to be great for the money.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-GameCom-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B0079G2Y52/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1373283976&sr=8-4&keywords=plantronics+headset

Bluetooth dongles are pretty cheap.

http://www.hardwareversand.de/Bluetooth/75755/LogiLink+Mini+Bluetooth+Dongle%2C+V4.0+%2B+DER%2C+Class1+%28100+m%29.article

I'd make sure it will work with those though. I know the xbox version of bluetooth is a different frequency and you have to buy the official xbox pc dongle for the pads or other devices to work.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/PC-WIRELESS-GAMING-USB-RECEIVER-ADAPTER-FOR-XBOX-360-IE-/200606034794?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item2eb50d2b6a

The cooltek is a budget case so yes it's not perfect but it's great for it's price.

The nanoxia is clearly the better case though.

You won't be running anything on medium. Overclock the card and the only thing it will struggle with is Crysis 3. Turn a couple of settings down that have little impact on graphics quality and it's all good and still looks amazing.

You will be hard pushed to get a better mouse than the drakonia for less than €40. There's the Perixx mx-2000 on Amazon, which I have, which is identical except its black and has a rubberised surface but costs €5 more.

HWVS won't ship the order until everything is in stock. They are usually quick to restock though.

I'm not sure why they cost more. It could be a different supplier. The red and blue just use different mechanical switches. The reds have no tactile feedback while the blue's have a click mid press and are the loudest.

Guide to mechanical's here.

http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide

This headset is supposed to be great for the money.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-GameCom-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B0079G2Y52/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1373283976&sr=8-4&keywords=plantronics+headset

Bluetooth dongles are pretty cheap.

http://www.hardwareversand.de/Bluetooth/75755/LogiLink+Mini+Bluetooth+Dongle%2C+V4.0+%2B+DER%2C+Class1+%28100+m%29.article

I'd make sure it will work with those though. I know the xbox version of bluetooth is a different frequency and you have to buy the official xbox pc dongle for the pads or other devices to work.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/PC-WIRELESS-GAMING-USB-RECEIVER-ADAPTER-FOR-XBOX-360-IE-/200606034794?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item2eb50d2b6a

Ya I'm sure that case will be Ok, I can always get a new one later anyhow. But I think the Deep Silence was actually better than the R4.

A few people told me I should never get a PSU under 600W that I should definitely change it to at least 600W. Are you sure 500W will be safe?

I don't really care about Crysis 3 but I wouldn't mind trying Crysis 1, which is meant to be even harder to run. Also the next generation of games is beginning and I'm worried that I won't be able to run the next gen games on my PC on high settings in 1 or 2 years time. So will this PC last me a few years?

Ya I actually took a closer look at the mouse and it looks pretty good, so I'm happy with that one.

Ya it's a shame because I don't mind loud keys, it's kinda relaxing actually. The blue backlight looks really nice. But I'm sure the white is just as nice.

Ya that headset is way too expensive, so I won't bother with it yet. I didn't know the bluetooth was so cheap, so I might as well get that and connect my PS3 Headset and use that. It's apparently easy to set up.

I also have a really cheap headset I can borrow from a friend if the PS3 one is giving problems.

The only thing is the big headphone/mic is usually have PC gamers use, it's going to be weird using the PS3 earpiece.

BTW how are the Turtle Beach headsets? Are they good, or overpriced and awful?

Ok that deal on OCUK was like 200 more. I thought the games were meant to be free, or at least at a bargain price. I could probably get all those games in the summer sale on Steam for like €60.

Where is the deal on HWVS, can someone please the link the card I'm supposed to buy. I have no idea where you saw it was giving away 4 games because I can't find any offer. Also why do I need to email them after, what happens if after I buy it and I email them and they refuse to give me the games? Would I be able to email them before the purchase to clarify?

Also with the recent heat wave over Ireland, will it be safe for me to build me PC and run it in these temperatures?

I heard that there is a higher chance of ESD (static discharge) damaging your mobo in hotter conditions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

You can buy the game bundle seperately for £150 but it is included in the cost of all of the cards on the list.

• Advertisement

marco_polo wrote: »
    You can buy the game bundle seperately for £150 but it is included in the cost of all of the cards on the list.

What list? I wish people could just show me because I can't seem to find any indication of a deal anywhere on the site.

EDIT: Oh wait are you talking about OCUK? Oh nevermind that, I think £150 for 8 games is very expensive for PC standards. I could probably get better deals on Steam.
    But seriously can someone please show me the deal on HWVS?

BTW Bloodbath, a thought occurred to me. If I'm buying off Amazon for certain parts, then would I not get better deals on the US Amazon store instead of the UK? I think as long as I pay over 200 delivery is free, I know certain items can't be shipped to Ireland but if they can, would that be better or should I stick to the UK?

EDIT:Never mind, I don't think any of the items that I was getting from Amazon UK will ship from Amazon US to Ireland. It's so stupid, we get ripped off on the prices while they pay like 20% less.

I also looked for a keyboard to keep me going, the cheaper the better providing it doesn't fall apart when I type.

I found these:

CiT USB/PS2 Combo Keyboard - Black
    Logitech K120 Business Keyboard
    DELL USB Keyboard BLACK SLIM US English Layout
    Emprex 5211AU Desktop Keyboard with USB Connection
    Trust ClassicLine Keyboard ? UK Layout
    Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200 for Business
    Octigen JK-302D USB Slim Keyboard - Black

So what do you think, which one of these should I get? They're all under £10.

The Dell one uses a US layout, but honestly that doesn't bother me, I use the virtual keyboard on my PS3 all the time and that's US layout. So if that's the best board for the money, don't let the layout make you say otherwise.

Some of the other keyboards show the US layout on their picture as well, is that just a stock picture or will they actually be US layout.

What list? I wish people could just show me because I can't seem to find any indication of a deal anywhere on the site.

EDIT: Oh wait are you talking about OCUK? Oh nevermind that, I think £150 for 8 games is very expensive for PC standards. I could probably get better deals on Steam.
    But seriously can someone please show me the deal on HWVS?

As I mentioned in my previous post, you need to email hardwareversand. They don't seem to advertise it for whatever reason.

I'm not sure where you're getting £150 for 8 games from?

OCUK Mega Bundle

The Twin Frozr III is on offer this week. £240 (€279) + £9 (€11) Delivery for a great card, and 8 free games. So you're paying €17 over hwvs (if you don't include hwvs delivery cost), which works out at about €2 per game.

It goes for about £250 on Amazon. €273 on hwvs.

Amazon offer has jumped up to £218. £10 more than when I first linked it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

As I mentioned in my previous post, you need to email hardwareversand. They don't seem to advertise it for whatever reason.

OCUK Mega Bundle

The Twin Frozr III is on offer this week. £240 (€279) + £9 (€11) Delivery for a great card, and 8 free games. So you're paying €17 over hwvs (if you don't include hwvs delivery cost), which works out at about €2 per game.

You can actually buy it off OCUK separately for £150, but as I tried to explain already the bundle is already included in the price of any graphics card on the list.

@solidMGSsnake. You'll likely get hit for a customs charge of you order from outside the EU. There is no VAT on purchases in the US which accounts for most (but not quite all) of the price difference between amazon.com and .co.uk.

Certain states have a small sales tax (and some have none), this is not included in the list prices on amazon.com rather added at checkout depending on the shipping address. Even the highest ones are nowhere near the 23% VAT rate we have to pay.

OCUK Mega Bundle

How do you know they have the offer then? What 4 games are they offering anyway? Is that Sapphire in the last build in that deal?

That Twin Frozr III is too expensive, it's like €30 dearer than the Sapphire on the last build, I'm scrimping as is.

However they have a MSI HD 7950 OC BE 3072MB Graphics Card in the list for £220. That comes with the games as well doesn't it?

The only thing is, with that including the price of the games, that means the card itself must be very cheap. So I can't imagine it being as good as the Sapphire.

I can always just buy these games on Steam when I get more money.

EDIT: Ok so I just tried to make an account on HWVS and it's asking for a ZIP Code, do we even use these in Ireland? How do ye get around this? It's mandatory so I can't just skip it.

You can get the 4 game bundle with hwvs but not amazon as others have got the codes from hwvs by emailing them.

I wouldn't get the MSI one as the cooler is one of the weaker ones and will be nosier, hotter and won't overclock as high.

We don't have post codes no. You can usually enter four 0's or N/A.

Hey Bloodbath, I just put all the Amazon items on the last build through checkout and it's coming to £666.63 with free shipping (€770.60 according to google).

The HWVS items are coming to €566.79 including shipping.

That according to my calculations is coming to €1337.39. That doesn't include the other keyboard or bluetooth. Obviously too much. So where did you get €1260 from?

Amazon also says, estimated dispatch is 16th August - 2nd October, what's going on?

EDIT: Oh wait I think that's because of the gaming keyboard, I'm going to have to buy that separately now.

The RAM itself has doubled in price and is more expensive than my mobo, unless I get it through Comet or something like that for £47.

The only thing is, with that including the price of the games, that means the card itself must be very cheap. So I can't imagine it being as good as the Sapphire.

What are you even talking about. The games are FREE. This has no bearing on the price of the card, at all. None whatsoever. Zero impact. I just want to emphasise that again. These games do not change the price of the card.

You can actually buy it off OCUK separately for £150, but as I tried to explain already the bundle is already included in the price of any graphics card on the list.

According to what he said, it made me think the price of the games is apart of the Graphics Cards' price, I never said the price isn't included. But if that money is combined with the graphics card then the original price of the graphics card was obviously slightly cheaper and if it's slightly cheaper then it has to be slightly worse as well, get it?

It's not my fault you guys are contradicting each other, it's hard to keep up, ok?

But it doesn't matter anyhow because I can't afford it and Bloodbath said the other card has bad fans.

Any ideas on the build costing so much extra?

According to what he said, it made me think the price of the games is apart of the Graphics Cards' price, I never said the price isn't included. But if that money is combined with the graphics card then the original price of the graphics card was obviously slightly cheaper and if it's slightly cheaper then it has to be slightly worse as well, get it?

It's not my fault you guys are contradicting each other, it's hard to keep up, ok?

I understand your logic, kind of. But that's not the case. If the card cost £250 before the deal, it still costs £250 now with the deal. Potentially less even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Any ideas on the build costing so much extra?

Don't be so lazy!
    A few quick clicks show the price of the RAM and keyboard have gone up considerably.
    It was a good deal at the time. You'll have to pay more and get lower speeds. You could go with something like this. You might be able to save a few euro by going with 1333MHz RAM, but not a whole lot.
    http://www.hardwareversand.de/1600+Low+Voltage/44314/8GB-Kit+G-Skill+RipJaws+PC3-12800U+CL9.article

Given the number of extras you need, you might be better off going with an AMD system to keep with your budget.

Edit:
    Or dump the CPU cooler, use the one that Intel gives and buy a better one later.

Advertisement