Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedging a bet

• 02-07-2013 7:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

I'm waiting on The Lions to win the series and Dublin to win Leinster Football Championship for €5k with Paddy Power(Leinster for Rabo and Miami for NBA were the parts of bet). Is there any way I can call PP and hedge the bet somehow? I did this in 1998 when I was waiting for Brazil to win WC for £14k and when they reached final and Ronaldo had that pregame meltdown, I rang PP and used 5k of the potential 14k to back France outright (Thank God!) Is this possible in the current bet? Or are there too many variables?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

There was an article in the Star, think it was Saturday 2 weeks ago where
    a shop customer had some accum running up for 14k with 1 leg remaining
    and PP allowed him to back the other side of the last leg by taking the bet slip back and I think he won 5k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

The problem with this one is the leg of the two reminaing bets that is in doubt is on first, Dublin are a certainty.

Addded to this you have two results that can kill your bet, Austrailia win or a draw.

PP have already paid out on the Lions to win the test, but I suspect this may only be on singles and up to a certain amount, check it out.

If they havent, and don't offer to let you sell them the docket or to use the equity from it, you IMO should gather as much dosh as you can before Saturday and back Austraila +1.

PP early Payout was Singles only.

There is a small problem backing Aus +1 in that you could lose that bet, still have the accum running onto Dublin but then you will have to hedge the Dubs side of it.
    Not ideal but probably the best way to do it as premierstone has said.
    The other side is you could try selling it to someone who wants to back the double.
    You will have to offer a good bit over the current odds to get anyone
    interested and they will have to trust you as I assume it's an online bet?
    Not a lot of time to do it though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Get your few bob together/off a mate or whatever, and lay the lions on betfair. I wouldnt worry about the Dubs just yet.

Lions on the drift after the team was announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Update? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

OP closed their account

Advertisement