Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocking down front garden wall...

Options
  • 02-07-2013 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

So the OH and I have just bought our first house. It is an ex-council house.

We are getting a lot of work done on it and at the moment we are completely re-doing the whole gardens (front and back).
    Originally we had wanted the pillar of the front wall (right side) to be knocked down to help with parking in our driveway.

We have trusted people doing all the work for us and it turns out that they pretty much knocked down most of the wall. This does not disrupt the neighbours in any way.

Did I need planning permission to do this? I know we own the house, garden, etc. but are we allowed to do this?

Advertisement