Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with a colleague

Options
  • 02-07-2013 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I work in a small team with 4 people and the company have brought in new procedures of checking each others work and as part of that, I had to fail a colleague a few times, also on another occasion, this colleague claims they dont know how to do things when they clearly do. They are hard to train and have a bad attitude.

Since then she has been bitching about me to the others saying how I failed her, she is also ignoring me and I feel really uncomfortable in work. I feel like she is talking about me to others constantly.

What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Document things: keep your own notes, and ideally a copy off-site from work.

Talk to your manager - they should be dealing with this, not you.

Failing that, talk to HR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

cassidy12 wrote: »
    I work in a small team with 4 people and the company have brought in new procedures of checking each others work and as part of that, I had to fail a colleague a few times, also on another occasion, this colleague claims they dont know how to do things when they clearly do. They are hard to train and have a bad attitude.

Since then she has been bitching about me to the others saying how I failed her, she is also ignoring me and I feel really uncomfortable in work. I feel like she is talking about me to others constantly.

What should I do?

Are you managing this person? If not sympathise whole-hearty (and professionally) that they've not been trained and raise the lack of training with your/their manager. You may also want to raise the issue of you not being comfortable checking this persons work until they are properly trained.

If you are manging them train them and record it.

Never underestimate people's rank stupidity - it is possible they really don't know despite visual aids and words of few syllables :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

If its a team of 4 people do others check her work too? Have they found fails? If not can you engineer it so others check her work. You probably have already thought of this.

Advertisement