Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baxi megaflop 24 he ie ?

• 02-07-2013 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Quick enquiry I have the above boiler in my kitchen fitted new about 5 years ago no problems to date really today I see a drip coming from boiler I booked it in for airtricity service which is due in 3 weeks anyway hoping a tighten of a pipe might solve problem ... However just looking upward ..see pics .. It seems not to be a pipe but it appears to be dripping from the black fitting just over the red circular ... Dial ?! ... I want to know what is the purpose of that black fitting that is leaking .... If anyone knows is it likely to be a worn seal ( only 5 yrs old) or could it have to be replaced .... Cost wise is my concern ... Long shot I know ... Any advice appreciated paddy

Update ! Looking into boiler it seems leak which is a continual drip is seeping through the black plastic fitting attached to the circulation pump ... I see it appears riveted on I hoping that just that black plastic piece can be removed and replaced without having to replace the full circulation pump !!! Any ideas ... Prices even approximate thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

maybe just an o-ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

DGOBS wrote: »
    maybe just an o-ring

Thanks a mill I hope so I attach a pic it's the black piece that is attached to the circulation pump from what I can see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Thats the pressure relief valve and should be piped to outside, is there a pipe coming off it running to outside ?

Thats the pressure relief valve and should be piped to outside, is there a pipe coming off it running to outside ?

thks for your reply....there is a pipe leaving the boiler to the outside ok...
    this leak has just happened.....it had been working fine for last 4 years...

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

thks for your reply....there is a pipe leaving the boiler to the outside ok...
    this leak has just happened.....it had been working fine for last 4 years...

;)

No matter what you are going to need an Rgi to repair the leak.You can go to Www.rgii.ie and search for an installer in your area or you could post your location here and one of the lads here might be able to sort it for you

• Advertisement

Robbie.G wrote: »
    No matter what you are going to need an Rgi to repair the leak.You can go to Www.rgii.ie and search for an installer in your area or you could post your location here and one of the lads here might be able to sort it for you

Thanks a lot I am in Enfield meath ... I just happened to se that its due its yearly service in 3 weeks or so ... I have booked a service with airtricity and I am sort of hoping that he will be able to carry out what I hope is a minor adjustment or repair ! Fingers crossed .. Thks for your advice .... I may have to take it up after Friday 😄

they won't, AFAIK they don't drain the boiler, and you'd be very lucky if they carry the set of pump o-rings, you may well end up paying twice.

You'd be much better looking for an independent RGI in your area that comes recommended for a service and repair IMHO.

they won't, AFAIK they don't drain the boiler, and you'd be very lucky if they carry the set of pump o-rings, you may well end up paying twice.

You'd be much better looking for an independent RGI in your area that comes recommended for a service and repair IMHO.

Ok any one local pm pls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Ok any one local pm pls

Isn't Enfield near DGOBS.
    If so, you won't do better than using him.
    Send him a PM as he might be shy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

shane0007 wrote: »
    Isn't Enfield near DGOBS.
    If so, you won't do better than using him.
    Send him a PM as he might be shy!

Its about 40km from him

• Advertisement

Sorry I don't cover that area.

Shy? Hmmmm

Sorry I don't cover that area.

Shy? Hmmmm

No he is not shy sent me a informative pm with relevant details much obliged !!

Ps no drip today I wonder is it a once off !😜

Advertisement