Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual Draft Beers

• 02-07-2013 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Hey Gang, heading out saturday afternoon for a few pints, on the hunt for some unusual draft beers, any ideas where, what they have, saw in smyths reently when in for lunch Leffe and a few others, any suggestions appreciated ! into anything bar the norms Heino, Bud etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Head to the Blind Pig on Thomas St. Great selections in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

they open in the afternoons at all?

BobMc wrote: »
    they open in the afternoons at all?

2 pm

perfect will give em a try, any idea if Nancys have anything decent?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

perfect will give em a try, any idea if Nancys have anything decent?

Leffe (Belgian blonde) and Erdinger (German weissbier) . Quite nice, but not very unusual!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Beer Baron wrote: »

+1
    The Blind Pig has a very good selection of unusual draft beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Michael Flannerys on Denmark Street have Leffe, Hoegaarden, Caledonian among other on draft as well as about 30 other in bottles.
    I am trying but still have not tasted them all!!!

Looks like a pub crawl is in order so, was planning on hitting smyths, nancys, m. flas, and gonna try the pig too, should be a nice afternoon, will let you know how we get on ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Whatnuclearsub

Im jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

I managed to find the Beer List for Michael Flannerys. You can decide on your beers before you arrive at the pub.
    I must print if off myself and tick all the one I have tried

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 keenan_enda

Flannerys opposite the Icon do a wooden paddle thing of Hoeggarden, Leffe, Caledonia Smooth and Erdinger for €5. Its only 300ml glasses of each but mainly just to give you a taste of the stuff. Heard the Blind Pig have a cask of fresh stuff from the Franciscan Well every Friday, so fresh as can be but thrown out by Monday since cask doesn't maintain freshness for long.

Flannerys opposite the Icon do a wooden paddle thing of Hoeggarden, Leffe, Caledonia Smooth and Erdinger for €5. Its only 300ml glasses of each but mainly just to give you a taste of the stuff. Heard the Blind Pig have a cask of fresh stuff from the Franciscan Well every Friday, so fresh as can be but thrown out by Monday since cask doesn't maintain freshness for long.

Hopefully they'll have some so on saturday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

surprisingly Smyths have a few craft beers on tap as well, not sure which ones now but they had a few different ones a few months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 keenan_enda

O'Connells/Old Quarter used to have a few but not sure whats in there now. Lock Bar serve Ballyhoura Stout which is pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭letsdothis

Probably the most unusual you'll find in the most unlikely of pubs is Ruby Red Ale by the White Gypsy Brewery (Templemore) on draft in the Glen Tavern. Excellent beer and well worth the trip to Lower Glentworth Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭letsdothis

Heard the Blind Pig have a cask of fresh stuff from the Franciscan Well every Friday, so fresh as can be but thrown out by Monday since cask doesn't maintain freshness for long.

Not just Franciscan Well...they had a very hoppy cask from Trouble Brewing on a few weeks back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

letsdothis wrote: »
    Probably the most unusual you'll find in the most unlikely of pubs is Ruby Red Ale by the White Gypsy Brewery (Templemore) on draft in the Glen Tavern. Excellent beer and well worth the trip to Lower Glentworth Street.

Looks like I'm off to the glen, used to drink this stuff when i was staying my parents in Tipp, fantastic Irish red.

had a lovely evening in the Blind Pig, highly recommend it, we tried, the Cask Ale (free sample) and had a couple draft pints of same in the sun outside, big difference between the cask and the draft but really enjoyed it then proceeded to have some Smugglers Ale, Stiegl, Whycraft, Proper Job, Barbar Bok, Karmeliten Gold a very enjoyable few hours spent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Beer Baron wrote: »

anywhere do krombacher on tap?

anywhere do krombacher on tap?

Not in Limerick. Nearest is Cork or Galway. There may be one in Limerick soon though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

had a lovely evening in the Blind Pig, highly recommend it, we tried, the Cask Ale (free sample) and had a couple draft pints of same in the sun outside, big difference between the cask and the draft but really enjoyed it then proceeded to have some Smugglers Ale, Stiegl, Whycraft, Proper Job, Barbar Box, Karmeliten Gold a very enjoyable few hours spent :)

Sounds fantastic! Think I'll move in on Friday afternoon and take a seat for the night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

letsdothis wrote: »

Had this in the Arms Hotel in Templemore at the end of May.. Beautiful pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Do the blind pig do food?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

Saw a bbq outside last week

Advertisement