Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long between placing Fibre upgrade order to receiving phone call for the appointm

Options
  • 02-07-2013 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭

I placed my order for Fibre yesterday, just wondering what the time frame is for receiving the call to confirm install date.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I ordered on the 24th June. Still waiting on a phone call for an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Feck. I'll give them another day or so then ring back.

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

It turns out I should never have been able to make an order because it'll be the 12th July before my cabinet is live so it'll be closer to then before I get a all, if ever. I can see me having to ring back yet again to try and get this sorted. I reckon I'll have made approx. 10 phone calls from start to finish before I actually see eFibre at my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Guys,

The standard lead time for an efibre order is 10 working days. However depending on the number of orders within an exchange or cabinet. It can take longer.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

Hi Guys,

The standard lead time for an efibre order is 10 working days. However depending on the number of orders within an exchange or cabinet. It can take longer.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark , is there any date as to when efibre will be available in the dromiskin area of co.louth ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

Hi Guys,

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark , is there any date as to when efibre will be available in the dromiskin area of co.louth ?

Thanks for that Mark, understood on longer time frame depending on order volume, though i assume that lead time is from order to installation yes?

Thanks for that Mark, understood on longer time frame depending on order volume, though i assume that lead time is from order to installation yes?
    Hi SolvableKnave

Yes the 10 working days is the standard time-frame from when the order is issued to the completion / installation date.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

In my case a date for installation was set at the time I placed the order (existing customer). It was 11 working days and was installed on the day and on time with no hassle or fuss by a very efficient and pleasant technician. The following summary may be of interest to anyone considering the upgrade.

Over the three weeks since installation the speeds have been as follows (on a 50MB contract):

Download: 47 (it was 5.27 on 8MB NGB)

Upload: 8 (it was 0.43 on NGB)

Following my call to the DSP the monthly Telephone Allowance has been credited to my bank account instead of being deducted from my Eircom bill. (it cannot be deducted by Eircom from your bill as before)

Other than one occasion last Saturday evening when the BB went off altogether for about 15 minutes the service has been excellent.

Mebuntu wrote: »
    In my case a date for installation was set at the time I placed the order (existing customer). It was 11 working days and was installed on the day and on time with no hassle or fuss by a very efficient and pleasant technician. 

So you got an installation date at point of order? I was told to wait for a call from the technician.

If any of the eircom reps see this, can you confirm if the installation date should be confirmed when the order is placed?

• Advertisement

So you got an installation date at point of order? I was told to wait for a call from the technician.

If any of the eircom reps see this, can you confirm if the installation date should be confirmed when the order is placed?

Hi SolvableKnave

In the majority of cases the installation / appointment date is generated when the order is placed. However in the cases where there are large number of pre-orders the order is sent to the efibre back office team who will call the customer as soon as an appointment is available for the order.

Thanks, Mark

Hi SolvableKnave

In the majority of cases the installation / appointment date is generated when the order is placed. However in the cases where there are large number of pre-orders the order is sent to the efibre back office team who will call the customer as soon as an appointment is available for the order.

Thanks, Mark
    Grand job. Thanks Mark.

Grand job. Thanks Mark.
    No problem.

Advertisement