Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this Crawling Insects/ Bugs in Apt

Options
  • 02-07-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I just hate them... no matter how much i clean my floor.....i find them on the floor in morning....1 or 2 in numbers ......size 5-10mm.

Hope someone recognize them....how to get rid of them!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

I just hate them... no matter how much i clean my floor.....i find them on the floor in morning....1 or 2 in numbers ......size 5-10mm.

Hope someone recognize them....how to get rid of them!

Silverfish!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭bing3

Silverfish

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mohammad.man

Thanks vey much!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

They are, as said above, silverfish. They generally live in dark, damp areas so they're probably hiding out in a damp corner somewhere. They are totally harmless, and eat stuff like wood, the glue from books, that kind of thing. I've always had a soft spot for them; they look so cool, like tiny Cybermats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

a natural way to get them and other insects

diatomaceous earth, apparently

• Advertisement
Advertisement