Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nanaimo bars

Options
  • 02-07-2013 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

I recently came across these in my recipe browsing, they sound pretty good and I just wondered if anyone has ever tried them or even heard of them? They are a Canadian specialty, originating in the town of Nanaimo, British Columbia by all accounts, with a chocolate biscuit/coconut base, vanilla custard buttercream centre and chocolate topping. They seem to be as addictive as Canadian Butter Tarts which is bad news indeed for my poor old diet but never mind! I'm going to try them this week anyway so I'll let you know how they turn out if anyone's interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've made them a few times.

Love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I used to live in Canada so had them a few times. I think they're ok, I'd eat them like :P But nothing major IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I've made them and loved them. They were quite popular on my cake stall too. I used the joy of baking recipe

Advertisement