Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower priority switch location question

Options
  • 02-07-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭

Is it ok to install an electric shower priority switch in an attic rather than downstairs next to the consumer unit, as in, does it comply with regs?

Have one working shower in an upstairs en-suite, want to stick a second one in the upstairs bathroom so obviously there is wiring coming from the consumer unit to the en-suite shower already in the attic, much handier job if I can mount & wire switch in the attic

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

i'm thinking maybe you can

i'm guessing the controller would be 'electrical equipment' rather than a 'distribution board'

best practice would be to drop it down below the 1st floor ceiling anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

best practice would be to drop it down below the 1st floor ceiling anyhow

That's a good idea & easily done, thanks

I wasn't really bothered about access as I have a stairs into the attic was more worried about any potential fire risk, will drop it below ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

i asked one of the sparks as he wandered trough here a minit ago and he said there is a set height for consumer/distribution boards but not for switches ect.
    he too mentioned re-routing the supply cable to the landing instead of the attic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

i asked one of the sparks as he wandered trough here a minit ago and he said there is a set height for consumer/distribution boards but not for switches ect.
    he too mentioned re-routing the supply cable to the landing instead of the attic.

there's a definition of 'distribution board' in the front of the rules

i'm thinking it's not

Advertisement