Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinnegar beers - anyone stock them locally?

Options
  • 02-07-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭

Just seen an advert for this brewery in the Earagail Arts Festival brochure, and I'd never heard of them.

Checked out their website
    http://kinnegarbrewing.ie/beers/
    and it mentions being able to buy them in The Red Door and The Beach House, but not close to me so does anyone know if they are stocked by anyone else, perhaps like Supervalu or Tesco's?

Wouldn't mind trying them out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I'm yet to try them, was discussed on here before ya might find some tips on where to buy in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I still haven't seen them anywhere else except Rathmullen.

I'll see what i can find out though and worst case scenario i'll pick up some next time i'm down home, meaning to get some for myself anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thanks for that, probably should have searched first!

No Inishowen stockists listed in that thread unfortunately. Might try emailing them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

quote:

"Kinnegar Brewing, probably Ireland’s newest and smallest brewery, makes a 
range of finely crafted, all natural farmhouse beers. Named after the nearby Kinnegar Beach 
just north of Rathmullan in County Donegal, it currently produces on a nano 
rather than micro scale.

During the brewery’s development phase, Kinnegar beers are available at Rathmullan 
House Hotel and the White Harte pub and the Ferry Gate restaurant in Rathmullan, the Mill Restaurant in 
Dunfanaghy, Logues Pub in Carrigart, the Red Door, The Beach House and Kealy’s on Inishowen, and locally at a small
 number of tasting events. They will also make sporadic, nano-brewery-style appearances at The Black Sheep pub on Dublin’s Capel Street and in McHugh’s Off-Licences in Dublin’s Kilbarrack and on the Malahide Road. Come along and try them."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah I read that (see my original post) but none of those locations are close enough to me, hence me asking about other stockists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

They have some in the theatre-rustbucket and the new one for Earagail-pub prices though, not off license!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ayeboy

Had my first few bottles of it on Friday....all I can say is that it is lovely lovely stuff. Had the northern pale ale and the indian pale ale. Really really tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

NIMAN wrote: »

No Inishowen stockists listed in that thread unfortunately.
    donegal. wrote: »
    quote:

During the brewery’s development phase, Kinnegar beers are available at The Beach House (Buncrana) and Kealy’s (Greencastle) on Inishowen,
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Yeah I read that (see my original post) but none of those locations are close enough to me, hence me asking about other stockists.

Ah come on now NIMAN Inishowen isn't that big:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Anyone know if the Beach House in Buncrana will sell the beers as a carryout? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

I got a couple of bottles in Harvey's Point. Expensive but it is the nectar of the gods!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

They have (had it anyway) it in the Silver Tassie

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ningnong

I saw them in The Salthouse in Galway last week

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jewson

I was drinking it in the Silver Tassie on Friday. Lovely stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Just to let ye know, The Counter, formally the Wine Buff in letterkenny stock Kinnegear among other local produce. Lovely stuff too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Just to let ye know, The Counter, formally the Wine Buff in letterkenny stock Kinnegear among other local produce. Lovely stuff too!

Is that the one down by Dunnes and Currys?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

pauls off licence in donegal town sells it (as well as donegal blonde) also dicey's are supposed to stock it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

yeah the counter stock the kinnegar beers and also Muckish Mountain Ale (can't remember if thats the name of the beer or the brewery), which I think is a new company starting up or something.

danniemcq wrote: »
    Is that the one down by Dunnes and Currys?

It is yea, across from the Hyundai garage. Nice wee shop, they got a nice selection of coffees and breads too. Should have mentioned they have Donegal blonde as well, and a few stouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Whorisky's in Ramelton has plenty of each 4 beers produced by Kinnegar in the cooler....Lovely stuff....

Was in Pats on the Square yesterday and they are doing Kinnegar ales too just to let you know :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

pauls off licence in donegal town sells it (as well as donegal blonde) also dicey's are supposed to stock it
    Jaysus, the sheer amount of beers in Dicey's would make your mouth water. Incredible selection of all types of beers and wines.

Interesting that Paul's has it, as that's much nearer to home. I'll have to get it a go!

byte wrote: »
    Jaysus, the sheer amount of beers in Dicey's would make your mouth water. Incredible selection of all types of beers and wines.

Interesting that Paul's has it, as that's much nearer to home. I'll have to get it a go!

I've never been in Dicey's before, I've a good reason now since I pass it everyday anyway!

Advertisement