Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Fibre only available for direct debit customers?

Options
  • 02-07-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

I was told by Eircom Rep: Tracey that I was eligible for the free upgrade to e-Fibre so I decided to call Eircom today to request it.

I was told, however, that this service is only available to Direct Debit customers (?).

I pay my bill in the Post Office and I have no intentions of setting up a Direct Debit account with Eircom; but why should this mean I can't have the upgrade?

What is the big deal with Direct Debit?

The guy on the phone said I would still be able to pay my bill in the Post Office but that, in order to set the e-Fibre up, he needs a Direct Debit account.

Well, I'm sorry but I don't deal in Direct Debit-never have, never will. I like the way I have things set up at the moment.

Does this mean you won't be able to give me the fast e-Fibre now?

I'm confused and a little disappointed, to be honest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

I’m sitting here beside my work colleague who got Eircom fibre three weeks ago.

He does not pay by direct debit, when ordering it of the sales guy over the phone Eircom said he would have to set up DD after a heated conversation which involved a supervisor (I have had a phone with you over 15 years, never missed a payment blah blah….) it was agreed he would not need to set up a DD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hi thanks for your reply

I do find it odd that only direct debit customers can order it.
    I've been an Eircom customer for 5 years now, have stayed loyal to the company, always been happy to stay with them, refused offers from door-to-door sales reps from rival companies, saying I was happy with Eircom.

The offer of a free upgrade to e-Fibre for existing Eircom customers is actually misleading then, isn't it?
    It's only a free upgrade to customers who have/will set up a DD account, which I find very strange.
    What difference does it make whether I have a DD or not, once I pay my bill as I always do?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

fussyonion wrote: »
    Hi thanks for your reply

I do find it odd that only direct debit customers can order it.
    I've been an Eircom customer for 5 years now, have stayed loyal to the company, always been happy to stay with them, refused offers from door-to-door sales reps from rival companies, saying I was happy with Eircom.

The offer of a free upgrade to e-Fibre for existing Eircom customers is actually misleading then, isn't it?
    It's only a free upgrade to customers who have/will set up a DD account, which I find very strange.
    What difference does it make whether I have a DD or not, once I pay my bill as I always do?!

Hi fussyonion

A direct debit is mandatory for any new customers looking to connect to eircom for efibre.

For existing customers looking to migrate onto efibre a direct debit can required depending on the credit rating on the existing ericom account.

Can you PM me with the account number and name on the account as I just want to insure the details we have logged for you previously.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hi Mark

I have PM'd you as requested.

fussyonion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

fussyonion wrote: »
    Hi Mark

I have PM'd you as requested.

fussyonion

Hi fussyonion

I got your PM thanks. I am looking into this for you. It may be tomorrow before I get back.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement