Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for halldoor spyhole camera that can be viewed on TV?

Options
  • 02-07-2013 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Would like to install a spyhole camera where I could see who is at the hall door especially at night time. I don't really want to have wires chased along walls so ideally it would be wireless - any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Roy

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved from Tec Security.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

onekeano wrote: »
    Would like to install a spyhole camera where I could see who is at the hall door especially at night time. I don't really want to have wires chased along walls so ideally it would be wireless - any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Roy
    If ye want wireless ye need power....2 ways... battery or mains....wireless eats power over time, so ye can use rechargeable batterys, usually 9v, and you need a few so ye can rotate them. I got PTZ (pan,tilt,zoom)cameras from China about 350euro with 20Xzoom. Ebay is yer friend there. I got a pinhole camera which is wireless for a particular problem (guy messing with my car), and it was very discreet and easy to hide.cost 80 euro,I had the camera with battery power in my car and the wireless reciever in my house beside my dvd recorder. I could capture 8 or 10 houres of video no problem and review it each day. if ye want to use it permanently......you need mains power to avoid messing with batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Morkel28

I think the door hole cctv cameras are the best and also the peep hole cameras with DVR that help you to get a view on your TV or the Screen that is in that security system and also they have an affordable price that you can easily pay.
    Learn more about private security companies

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭onekeano

Thank you very much Morkel and Walker - I head off to do some more research on your suugestions...

Roy

Advertisement