Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba Television - Opinions?

• 02-07-2013 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

I'm considering getting one of these televisions. Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts or opinions on it?

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-527812&

I don't spend a lot of time keeping up to date with the latest and greatest in A/V so I just want to make sure it's not a dud and I'm missing something.

I'll be upgrading from a 32" 10+ year old CRT (square aspect, not widescreen). I don't see the need for a Smart TV because I've got a Horizon box and I'm happy with my general browsing / computing setup.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

I'm considering getting one of these televisions. Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts or opinions on it?

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-527812&

I don't spend a lot of time keeping up to date with the latest and greatest in A/V so I just want to make sure it's not a dud and I'm missing something.

I'll be upgrading from a 32" 10+ year old CRT (square aspect, not widescreen). I don't see the need for a Smart TV because I've got a Horizon box and I'm happy with my general browsing / computing setup.

Have had bad bad dealing with Toshiba on one their previous models so not inclined to be comfortable with their set's
    However I would never ,ever , advocate a 40" TV with an integrated DVD player!!! A recipe for disaster IMO given Samsung, Sony , Panasonic never do it so why are Tosh, and why only an SD format not a HD in Blu ray format.

Smells too cheap. Try Hannspree or some someone similar in the cost effective range ( they don't do an integrated model either ... )
    But thats just my thoughts

>Sol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Thanks for that. I have seen the same set for a lot more on other sites e.g. 600 in PC World and 700 in Littlewoods. Are Power City usually good or are the others just ridiculous prices?

Good point about the DVD. I always thought that to be a bit gimmicky, but thought no harm

Advertisement