Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beady Eye November 7th Olympia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

anyone recommend a good pub r two to go to before the gig? somewhere close enough to the olympia that would play some decent tunes?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    anyone recommend a good pub r two to go to before the gig? somewhere close enough to the olympia that would play some decent tunes?

the george just over the road !!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭phenomenalcat

The foggy dew at Central bank usually fire out a load of cracking tunes beforehand I was there before the last gig in 2011

The foggy dew at Central bank usually fire out a load of cracking tunes beforehand I was there before the last gig in 2011

cheers :)

Nowso wrote: »
    the george just over the road !!

is that your local?? :P

• Advertisement

is that your local?? :P

Heard it plays banging tunes or maybe that was noises lol great spot

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

I have a standing ticket for Friday, but am willing to swap someone for a Thursday one. PM if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

They are staying in the four seasons seen pics of Liam there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

They are staying in the four seasons seen pics of Liam there.

Yeah, met him. Sound guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Yeah, met him. Sound guy!

when did you meet him?

• Advertisement

wawaman wrote: »
    when did you meet him?

Earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Was he going to soundcheck or just out and about?

wawaman wrote: »
    Was he going to soundcheck or just out and about?

Just before they left to go to it, he was out having a smoke by himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Nice one, just leaving work to head in for the gig now......

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Well that was only mental!

antodeco wrote: »
    Well that was only mental!

Good gig! Wished theyd played for another hour though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

40 year olds reliving the 90s doing coke in the pit!!

btw met Liam gallagher signed my ticket! Told him he was a sexy basta+d, he just said that's what they all say!! Utter hero!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Untouchable Peasant

Capture_SLBE.jpg

but1er wrote: »
    40 year olds reliving the 90s doing coke in the pit!!

btw met Liam gallagher signed my ticket! Told him he was a sexy basta+d, he just said that's what they all say!! Utter hero!!

Where did ya manage to meet him?

Where did ya manage to meet him?

stage door, stoped for 10 mins having the craic with everyone!

hands down worse autograph ever but i know its gods!

have a selfie with Andy bell aswell!!

• Advertisement

1002015_698602963483961_2011020010_n.jpg

Cigarettes and Alcohol was the best , place went mad , great song for a bit of moshing

Pretty average gig. They could of played a few Oasis tunes to full it up as it's a sorry concert. Fans gave it everything. Heard a few people afterwards giving out. Moaning about liam not being interested in being there.

I thought when he was hit with that pint he would have walked off!

Agree, that they should have played for longer but they only have 2 albums.

I know they could have played more Oasis songs but it's a Beady Eye gig.

I can see Oasis reforming in a few years anyhow for the 20th Anniversaries of Definitely Maybe and What's the Story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Good gig, first time seeing either of the post-Oasis bands after seeing Oasis a shed-load of times. I've found the new album a bit hard to get into to be honest, but I thought the songs sounded great live (apart from things going a bit haywire at the mixing desk for Start Anew and Bring The Light!). It was a little short all right (Oasis gigs were never famously long, mind you), maybe one or two more old tunes wouldn't have hurt.

First time in ages I'd been to a gig with so much beer-throwing, was Carling on special at the bar or something? Fair play to Liam for not losing his cool when the beer hit him, not like the old days at all at all..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What sort of a mong throws a pint of beer at the lead singer of a band they've just paid money to see? They must have been up the front too which means they are obviously one of the more dedicated fans.

Why is everyone wanting oasis songs?? You paid to see beady eye play BE not oasis!

I think Liam has alot of other issues at the moment!

but1er wrote: »
    Why is everyone wanting oasis songs?? You paid to see beady eye play BE not oasis!

I think Liam has alot of other issues at the moment!

Well I suppose it is a BE concert but they don't have enough songs to play a decent concert. The BE stuff is mediocre at best. If they were a band starting out without having being Oasis Previously they would be lucky to sell out a local pub. Think Liam has a great voice still he could of done a few of his own Oasis sings like song bird and little James (I joke).

Any way 1hr 10 was a tad short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Was an OK gig, slightly disappointed though, didn't think the songs from the new album were great at all, Flick Of The Finger and Soon Come Tomorrow being the exceptions, I thought the songs from the last album sounded better. Good to hear the Oasis songs also but they did make me all sad and nostalgic for the times of old, it's a real come down from the the glory days playing to a crowd of a 1000 people most of whom aren't really into the songs being played. Was a bit short also.

Still, have a ticket for tonight so will get to do it all over again, not really expecting many changes to the set list so hopefully the crowd will be better tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

What time did they come on stage last night?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Andrew 83 wrote: »
    What time did they come on stage last night?

9 o'clock

Advertisement