Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beady Eye November 7th Olympia

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

9 o'clock

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedmanDublin

MadYaker wrote: »
    What sort of a mong throws a pint of beer at the lead singer of a band they've just paid money to see? They must have been up the front too which means they are obviously one of the more dedicated fans.

A jack*ass

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭donnbradman

There hardly making an appearance on the late late or anything are they does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

There hardly making an appearance on the late late or anything are they does anyone know?

They would have time to after the gig given the late late is on till 11.40 but I doubt they will be on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Thought Face the Crowd was excellent in addition to the songs already mentioned, and The Roller when it came on. Bit disappointed that the encore was just one song (despite the set list having 2 on it) although it was an epic cover

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

I was happy to pay €36 just to hear Liam sing Live Forever and Ciggs&Alcohol again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Obrieski wrote: »
    Thought Face the Crowd was excellent in addition to the songs already mentioned, and The Roller when it came on. Bit disappointed that the encore was just one song (despite the set list having 2 on it) although it was an epic cover

Yeah I was confused about that too. I thought they had came back out when I was gone. Was maybe the most forgettable concert I've ever been to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Obrieski wrote: »

Yeah I was confused about that too. I thought they had came back out when I was gone. Was maybe the most forgettable concert I've ever been to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Untouchable Peasant

Christ, if people thought Liam was disinterested last night, they'd surely think it tonight. Cigarettes and Alcohol blew the roof off the place again, but the rest was boring, which is a shame, as I like half a dozen or so of Beady Eye's songs.

Can't help but get a sense that they just don't really want to be play all that much. Then, if your lead singer is more interested in trying to look cool and nonchalant on stage, it's bound to have an effect on the mood of the rest of the band.

Oh and is it just a coincidence that the video of Flick of the Finger playing on the screens in the background contained clips of a shark ripping some high flying birds from the sky? Perhaps it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

saw the thursday gig, not a patch on the gig they played in the olympia 2 years back.
    crowd didn't seem that into it either, there was a spark missing.not sure what.
    also they only played for 1 hour and 20 minutes, and only 1 song in the encore although that was a great version of gimme shelter.
    6/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

but1er wrote: »
    40 year olds reliving the 90s doing coke in the pit!!

btw met Liam gallagher signed my ticket! Told him he was a sexy basta+d, he just said that's what they all say!! Utter hero!!

I was there as well, by accident completely - we'd to queue to get to the cloakroom and were last to leave and then the bouncers just ushered us out that way and there was Liam out the side shaking peoples hands and thanking them for coming. Sound.

Advertisement