Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB nonsense

Options
  • 02-07-2013 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

So a couple months back in was told to contact Mr. X around now- at this and that number -to talk about my mortgage (going on maternity leave so can't pay for a while). I did a few days ago and was told Mr. X from my local branch will contact me himself. Since I work 8-6 and get lunch between 1-2 just and so does Mr. X (except his work day is probably a lot shorter) I've been getting missed calls from him. When I tried to call him back the number from which he called does not accept incoming calls. On numerous times he rang me he never left a message. I rang the main number and asked why Mr. X is not leaving a message or why can't I call him back and was told that it is the company policy. Is this a joke? We can play this chase game into the next century ? Why does this bank make it so difficult to reach them? When we were getting the mortgage i remember another Mr. X ringing me and leaving messages every couple of days asking if we're ready to draw down. When I need a moratorium and nicely inform them early they make it impossible to get in touch!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

iPearly wrote: »
    So a couple months back in was told to contact Mr. X around now- at this and that number -to talk about my mortgage (going on maternity leave so can't pay for a while). I did a few days ago and was told Mr. X from my local branch will contact me himself. Since I work 8-6 and get lunch between 1-2 just and so does Mr. X (except his work day is probably a lot shorter) I've been getting missed calls from him. When I tried to call him back the number from which he called does not accept incoming calls. On numerous times he rang me he never left a message. I rang the main number and asked why Mr. X is not leaving a message or why can't I call him back and was told that it is the company policy. Is this a joke? We can play this chase game into the next century ? Why does this bank make it so difficult to reach them? When we were getting the mortgage i remember another Mr. X ringing me and leaving messages every couple of days asking if we're ready to draw down. When I need a moratorium and nicely inform them early they make it impossible to get in touch!

Typical bank! You are expected to take time of and get your self into the bank.

I would write to the bank detailing how many times you have missed calls just in case when you do go on maternity leave and get into the bank, they cannot claim you left it to late.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

To go into the bank i have to contact Mr.X to make an appointment. That's what I'm trying to do. I've changed my lunch to 2-3 today, rung the main number and asked them for a call back from Mr.X between that time. Guess what: absolutely nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

I think the best thing to do is to actually make a complaint, setting out what has happened, what you have tried to do etc., highlighting the fact that you are being proactive in looking to address financial issues before they arise. Its important that you call out in your email that you are making a complaint in case they are in any doubt. Once its logged as a complaint they will have to revert to you pretty quickly. Don't worry about complaining it shouldn't influence the decision they will make in terms of a moratorium etc. Email would be the quickest way, but you could send in a letter if you would prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Ring 01-212 4101 and make an appointment with this individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Just get Mr X's email address and correspond with him that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

Thanks for your posts. Got to talk to him eventually but I still think they're all afraid to get anything on tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭teddy_303

I've been with this bank nearly 10 years, have had a great relationship with them all that time, in all the branches i have dealt with until 3 weeks ago.. they are now running scams renaging on services they provided for years, without notice, in order to apply failed DD or SC charges.

Because they can apply punitive charges, which are double the previous OD charges, because they don't feel obliged to notify customers, on the basis of there terms and conditions.. their customers are also charged admin charges on top of this by the bill providers...

I have spoke to a smirking imbicile in their rathmines branch about this, and he turned his back on my mid sentence to continue drawing circles on a blank peice of paper, like that was his priority task at the service desk, with a set of side burns of him you wouldn't turn up at the birthday of an Evlis impersonater in..

Total scam they are running here, and don't expect any kind of reasonable or good faith policy..

I have been informed they no longer have one, even after 10 years of building up what I considered to be the best banking customer relations reputation in the country...

They are cashing in their chips, so don't waste your time on Permanent
    TSB....

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

All banks are charging for failed DD's

I think teddy is saying that charges have increased but this information wasn't available.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭teddy_303

Xantia wrote: »
    All banks are charging for failed DD's

I'm aware of that.. but they changed the terms of my account, knowing the DD would fail, to take funds from my account decietfully....

• Advertisement

I have had this from both AIB and boi in the last year so they are bit alone.

The lovely response I get to complaints is 'you must keep discussant funds in your account to meet your commitments'.

If you feel aggrieved, write to your bank making a formal complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

teddy_303 wrote: »
    I'm aware of that.. but they changed the terms of my account, knowing the DD would fail, to take funds from my account decietfully....

What did they change? Sincerely doubt they'd mess with your account to purposely get your DDs to return btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I have had this from both AIB and boi in the last year so they are bit alone.

The lovely response I get to complaints is 'you must keep discussant funds in your account to meet your commitments'.

If you feel aggrieved, write to your bank making a formal complaint.

Are you saying its unfair of a bank to charge you a fee that stems from the fact that there is not sufficient funds in your account to meet your commitments?

Missing DD's and/or forcing unauthorised overdrafts should be penalised.

What would be the basis of any formal complaint?

Advertisement