Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible experience with Eircom. What should I do?

Options
  • 02-07-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I switched my landline and broadband from Eircom to SKY in Jan.2013 (I’m happy with SKY.)

Received final Eircom bill. It included a charge of€350 (€287 excluding the vat) for “early cease.” Paid the bill except that charge. Wrote to Eircom in March querying the charge. I never received a reply.

Next thing I heard was a letter in April from Intrum Justitia (debt collectors for Eircom.) Told them amount wasn’t due.

2 months passed. Thought matter had been put to bed when Eircom didn’t come to me. Silly me! Out of the blue, I get letter from Astown Gate Solicitors threatening legal proceedings!  

Phoned Eircom on 21th June. Rep said charge seemed to relate to my package been changed from Talktime Talker to Talktime Anytime last Oct. I didn’t receive a new contract or remember verbally agreeing to a new contract. The Rep said she would check if it was due and she or someone else would get back to me. Didn’t get back to me.

Wrote to the solicitors also on 21st June informing them that matter was under enquiry with Eircom.

Just got another letter this morning from Ashtown Gate Solicitor now threatening Judgement/Sheriff!

I’m furious. I was a (loyal) Eircom customer for 30 years!
    As it happens 4 of us here are eMobile or Meteor customers (Eircom companies) and spend over €1500 p.a with them!

What should I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi tibolt

Can you private message me with your eircom account number and name on the account and I can look into it for you.

Thanks. Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tibolt

Thanks for the private messages. I'll let you know the outcome when the matter is resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

tibolt wrote: »
    Thanks for the private messages. I'll let you know the outcome when the matter is resolved.

Hi tibolt

No problem,

Thanks, Mark

Mark,

You mentioned in the PM that:

"In October 2012 a new bundle package discount was applied to avail of a cheaper price for the same package."
    (If it was the same package how could it be a new contract?) and

"I checked with cancellations and they have no record of any contract prior to moving."

Yet you state that "as far as I can determine" a contract was agreed to. What evidence have you that a contract was agreed to?

If there is no evidence that a relevant contract existed, and that the charge was correctly levied based on a contract, then no debt exists.

If this matter remains in dispute I suggest that we refer the matter to Comreg for arbitration. Before doing so Comreg ask that a formal complaint be lodged with Eircom. Can you provide me please with the email address of the relevant contact in Eircom to which such complaints should be sent?

T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi tibolt,

Mark has sent you the complaints number through PM's, they will log the complaint for you and will investigate all lines of inquiry for you. They will also come back to you within 10 working days with a resolution.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

Tracey ,

With respect, if you check my previous post I requested an email address not a “complaints number”.

Your company's Customer Code of Practice states thatcomplaints may be made by letter, by phone or by email.

I was simply choosing the latter option - so that mycomplaint would be documented. 

T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi,

I have sent the complaints email to you by PM.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement