Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Debs/Grad related

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

My Debs is in October, ages away but I was wondering how early in advance you have to order the corsage?

Also should I go out looking for a suit or just rent a tux? (My debs is black-tie, I'd say a tux would be seriously pricy to buy!)

It would probably be cheaper in the long term to buy a tux (which is different to a suit so you wouldn't wear it to a job interview as a poster suggested above!) Like for example M&S do some very reasonable deals on tuxes (which are machine washable so you'd save money on dry cleaning) so if you go to 2 or 3 formal black tie events in the next 4 years or so it'd be cheaper to just get a tux rather than renting one for about what €70 each time!

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Hide the naggin in the sock. Know a few lads who got the jc results with a naggin in there sock haha

Or hide it outside there house in a flower pot or something and just sneakily pick it up before you leave there haha

I hide it in the waistband of my pants, however I don't think it'd work too well with people who're very thin ;) advantages of being unfit :L

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I've my lad and his family coming to my house tomorrow should I get wine or champagne or what?? Not sure what would be more suitable. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Nothing says class like a good bottle of buckfast.

Nothing says class like a good bottle of buckfast.

Dutch gold in glasses ya?

• Advertisement

Break out a naggin of vodka and share it round. A neck each.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Buckfast gets you ****ed fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

il have 2 debs in 2 days, mine on a tue and hers on wed, going to be broke for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

For anyone considering buying a tux this offer may be of interest. Best Mens Wear have the tux suit, shirt and bow tie down to €159 from €284.

This offer is on the Fairgreen Shopping Centre's facebook page but there are branches of Best Mens Wear in a number of counties.

deisemum wrote: »
    For anyone considering buying a tux this offer may be of interest. Best Mens Wear have the tux suit, shirt and bow tie down to €159 from €284.

This offer is on the Fairgreen Shopping Centre's facebook page but there are branches of Best Mens Wear in a number of counties.

That's not a great deal, fair enough it's a big discount from the original price, but I'm hoping all that from M&S for just over €100!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

deisemum wrote: »

Wish they had deals like that when it comes to dresses :rolleyes:

For a simple solution tear down a curtain and wear it as a Greek style dress.

For a simple solution tear down a curtain and wear it as a Greek style dress.

Why waste a perfectly good curtain when I could just use a bed sheet-it can double as a ghost costume as well. :D

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Why waste a perfectly good curtain when I could just use a bed sheet-it can double as a ghost costume as well. :D

Thats the most Cavan thing I've seen you post. It brings a tear to my eye.

You have made me proud. I need a moment. *sniff sniff*

Thats the most Cavan thing I've seen you post. It brings a tear to my eye.

You have made me proud. I need a moment. *sniff sniff*

Well I am half Cavan-ish (kind of) :D
    Its hard to witness stinginess your whole life without having it infect you in some shape or form :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

What a night!! Drink drinkity drink drink!

Rock me mama lik a . Wagon wheel rock me mama anyway you feel ooohhh oh mama rock me

I was going for another half hour in the club at this stage.

Hey sandy they played Greece lighten I g ooh freest lightening! Sine tune but not as good as wagon Wheel or dirty old town !! Done craic naggin only starting to kick on now yyyeeeeokkokwwwwwe!!!

Hey sandy they played Greece lighten I g ooh freest lightening! Sine tune but not as good as wagon Wheel or dirty old town !! Done craic naggin only starting to kick on now yyyeeeeokkokwwwwwe!!!

Sandy isnt in Grease Lightening, that song just has the lads:
    despite this

Jaysus those pints were fair watered Down. Stuck to the vodka and shots. Serious night out I have to say,,,rol on results ta ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAYSUS! Lad! Some craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

What a night!! Drink drinkity drink drink!

Rock me mama lik a . Wagon wheel rock me mama anyway you feel ooohhh oh mama rock me

You're home early! I have literally just come in the door :p

Bar closed round half 2, got home round 4,

Sorry for slightly drunken posts earlier :pac:

Gwan Daniel...
    Doing tequila shots until 7 this morning and got an hours sleep. Never seen so much puke in my life (not me)
    Spent half the night with my date in the hotel room while my friend was passed out puking in the bed and we were doing shots of vodka every time she got sick! Pure fresh night all the same :P

Oh God the guy getting sick on the bus door what brilliant.

So what were they selling cheap for ye?

They played all the old songs at ours. Its the reason I was able to sing Grease.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

My debs in 3 weeks and I have nothing :( help a mate out peeps

3 weeks is plenty of time. All you need is to get through the dinner and then shots will handle the rest.

So a dress, money and a will of steel to pace yourself over such a long period.

Oh God the guy getting sick on the bus door what brilliant.

So what were they selling cheap for ye?

They played all the old songs at ours. Its the reason I was able to sing Grease.

they sold nothin cheap for us! Well tequila was 5 a shot but pints were 7.50 and vodka and whiskey were 10!!!
    twas grand though we all brought our own drink :rolleyes:
    Powernap now and going back out at 6 :pac:

3 jagers for a 10. Fine deal.

Our hotel were fair quare no drink allowed in the smoking area or in the room with the dance floor

Double vodkas were a tenner tho so grand. Tequila killed me though, never licking salt off my hand again it's never a good idea :P

• Advertisement

They had not 1 but 2 bars adjacent to the dance floor.

Advertisement