Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Debs/Grad related

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Yeah that. Like the guy obv had a reason to be thick over it but he shoulda known it was gonna happen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Lads, does anyone know where you could get a suit for around 150 euro or less? I've looked up a few places but they are far over that! I wasn't expecting them to be *that* expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

ray2012 wrote: »
    Lads, does anyone know where you could get a suit for around 150 euro or less? I've looked up a few places but they are far over that! I wasn't expecting them to be *that* expensive!

RAY! Long time no see

HugsiePie wrote: »
    RAY! Long time no see

HEY! Yeah, not long back from holidays in the US, still fairly jet lagged !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

I think your shít outta luck ray. It isnt cheap.

• Advertisement

I think your shít outta luck ray. It isnt cheap.

Shít, I'm gonna be without a cent after this whole grad craic. Might just rent one, even though I'll need another suit in 2 months... feck it

HEY! Yeah, not long back from holidays in the US, still fairly jet lagged !

Where?

Where?

Miami and the Caribbean. :P

Miami and the Caribbean. :P

WOW! SOUNDS AMAZING!

WOW! SOUNDS AMAZING!

It was! Dying to go again. Next summer hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

M&S as I've been saying do some really good deals on dress suits, especially the jackets which they sell for €47.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mundungus portfolio

Does the tie HAVE to match? would a couple look just as nice if he wore a silver and black tie (charcoal suit) and she wore a wine coloured dress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Does the tie HAVE to match? would a couple look just as nice if he wore a silver and black tie (charcoal suit) and she wore a wine coloured dress

God no. Couldn't have that! Could you imagine!? No. No. Just no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Tbh it doesn't sound right at all. Ties should be related to the colour at least

Unless you want to be marked as an outcast for the rest of your life you'll make sure that tie matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mundungus portfolio

well that escalated quickly...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The tie doesn't have to be the same colour. Silver and black will be lovely with a wine dress. I always think the matchy matchy look looks a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

if it doesnt match it at least has to compliment! is her dress pure wine or is there little bits of black/silver? maybe you could get a corsage those colours, then you'd match that!

Matching ties are for couples and at that they're still cringey!!! :rolleyes:

edit: you can get away with matching colours like dark blues and greys but like bright pinks purples yellows etc are a massive no no :P

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

I thought I was the only one who wasn't into tie-matching! I had a pink dress and insisted to my date that he DIDN'T wear a pink tie (unless he really wanted), and so he wore a black bow-tie, and it turned out great, if I say so myself :P No, I think silver and black would look lovely with a wine dress, go for it, I say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

If you're going to match it make sure it matches, rather than just doing something that looks like a half-arsed attempt :P

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Honestly try not to worry too much about small details, just really enjoy your debs.I'm so jealous reading all of these posts, i would do anything to have another debs!

By 5 in the morning you'll be luckey to remember the colour of your suit let alone a tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

My date got a navy dress, and I've a black suit, disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

The day has arrived............

How in the name of Jesus is that in any way, shape or form a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Black and navy is a major no-go zone.

"Navy and black? Put it back." :D

Na honestly, it won't be that bad. Nobody will expect you to match your suit to your date and most lads have black suits anyway! Besides its only gonna matter for a few pics at the house. Be grand :)

Its not like he has navy trousers and a black jacket.

• Advertisement

its not about his clothes clashing but him clashing with her in photos :P

Advertisement