Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Debs/Grad related

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TorpidCat

Hey, I'm just looking for an unbiased opinion (Since I can't trust my friends!) I don't have a date for the debs and I'm unsure whether I'll go. Anyone I could go with (Even just as a friend) is taken and I don't want to look like an eejit on my own! So it it unusual for people to go solo or should I just head up for the afters? Thanks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Wasn't many people went on their own from my school. But I did. Wasn't one bit awkward. In fact alot of people praised me for goin on my own haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

TorpidCat wrote: »
    Hey, I'm just looking for an unbiased opinion (Since I can't trust my friends!) I don't have a date for the debs and I'm unsure whether I'll go. Anyone I could go with (Even just as a friend) is taken and I don't want to look like an eejit on my own! So it it unusual for people to go solo or should I just head up for the afters? Thanks! :D

Some people like to go solo with a group of friends who don't have dates either so it's not uncommon. You say you are thinking of not going. I would recommend you not to do that. You are missing out on a night you will remember for a very long time.

For dates, doesn't matter who you take. I'm sure there would be some girls/boys that have no dates and would be happy to go with you to the debs. Just ask around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Im going on my own! Spending the money on a limo and drink instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Hey Im free :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

yournerd wrote: »
    Hey Im free :)

me too! i don't know if you are a girl or boy torpidcat but i would absolutely love to go to another debs hahaha go no matter what! its such a good night

At first I didnt want anyone to go but know I wish someone asked me:(

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    me too! i don't know if you are a girl or boy torpidcat but i would absolutely love to go to another debs hahaha go no matter what! its such a good night

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TorpidCat

aimzLc2 wrote: »

Haha, I'd love to bring the two of ye, but tickets are no longer for sale! I'll try to have a good night without ye! :P Thanks for the advice/support everyone else though. I hope ye all had/will have great nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭NellyDean

we went to the hotel's nightclub after our debs last week there & when the nightclub was about 2min away from finishing and I still hadn;'t heard of any after parties at anyones house, i thought i'd better act fast.

tipsy me invited around 5-10 people back to mines for a small wee gathering, bitta tae & whatnot

too make a long story short I'd say the majority of the prom were there within about half an hour. house was WEDGED and there were people there I didn't even recognise :P

Was a great night's craic i fairness but just a warning, news travels fast so be careful if youre having a prom afterparty :L

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

need some girl help here..

I'm really REALLY pale (like so pale the doctor always think I'm sick :P) and I have a spray tan booked but I can't decide if I want it or not..I like being pale but I don't want to look like a ghost in photos..should I go with the tan or stay pasty?? would i stand out like if I was just my pale self? My dress is white & black if that's any help :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Go bog hopping beforehand. Problem sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

When is your debs?
    If you get L'Oreal sublime gradual tan and use it for about a week you'll look like you have a nice subtle tan but nothing Ott :)

it's in a couple of days so I wouldn't have time for that :/ i might just go pale & proud :pac:

05e1e9f3-69dc-4370-ac9b-ce7579d7cb64.jpg

think that might be a last desperate effort :P

a0ifee wrote: »

I'm really REALLY pale (like so pale the doctor always think I'm sick :P) and I have a spray tan booked but I can't decide if I want it or not..I like being pale but I don't want to look like a ghost in photos..should I go with the tan or stay pasty?? would i stand out like if I was just my pale self? My dress is white & black if that's any help :p

I say get it considering its an ok price and your dress is blak and white :)
    photos will be nicer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I'm also extremely pale and I chose not to wear tan. I've never tanned before and I would rather go natural! If you get it ask for a very light tan.. You don't want to look like an Oompa Loompa ;) my friend who isn't as pale as me got a very light spray tan for hers but it came out darker which made her feel very uncomfortable for the night.
    The photos will look nice tan or no tan..

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

In the exact same position as you, and i have one booked but think ill cancel its just not going to suit me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Paleness is awesome, don't be ashamed of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭wow exuberant

Does everyone wear tuxes or do some people wear suits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Some of the girls tend to wear dresses, I hear. :pac:

More seriously, I think it depends a lot on the school and what the norm is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

Does everyone wear tuxes or do some people wear suits?

Wear what you'd prefer to wear. :)

Dan wore a wetsuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭North Cork Star

I had an absolute ball at my Debs last night - it was mighty! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭todders

Just the one? He must have been playing hard to get....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I take it you had no problems with ID then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭North Cork Star

There wasn't even a mention of ID by staff - relief for some last night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

We were given wrist bands for under 18 but they still served everyone and then they had bouncers go take the drink off under 18's which was pretty lousy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

We had wrist bands for the over 18s, and they were pretty strict about who they served but sure the over 18s just brought the drink for the rest, my ID worked which I was delighted with seeing as it says I'm 21 :L

I ended up sneaking drink in, in 2 capri-sun cartons which I put in either inside pocket in my jacket, I got frisked thoroughly (twice) going in, both times the security man squeezed the two pouches thought they were moobs and moved on :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I ended up sneaking drink in, in 2 capri-sun cartons which I put in either inside pocket in my jacket, I got frisked thoroughly (twice) going in, both times the security man squeezed the two pouches thought they were moobs and moved on :L

someone give this man a cookie!

Advertisement