Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Debs/Grad related

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    If you couldn't find anyone else to bring in time twud be better than wasting a 60/70€ ticket.

It's not like she's bringing one of her parents or something :pac:

Sell the ticket for beer money and go alone is what I would do!

As Randy said it may be different for girls. There's a story in my school of a lad who brought his hot female cousin to the debs and didn't tell anybody it was his cousin. Everyone knew it was his cousin and was all like "throw the head in" and he was like "no, no, we're just friends". Needless to say, it must have been pretty embarrassing for him, and pretty ****ing hilarious for everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

As Randy said it may be different for girls. There's a story in my school of a lad who brought his hot female cousin to the debs and didn't tell anybody it was his cousin. Everyone knew it was his cousin and was all like "throw the head in" and he was like "no, no, we're just friends". Needless to say, it must have been pretty embarrassing for him, and pretty ****ing hilarious for everyone else!
    And the wincest jokes.

And the lads chatting her up deliberately just to wind him up.

Actually, that was by far the worst way to do it; he'd have been far better off taking Dee's advice and just shrugging and saying "sure I didn't have a date in the end, and brought X with me for the craic, we always have a laugh, no point wasting the ticket."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Sell the ticket for beer money and go alone is what I would do!

That's what one of the lads from my school is trying to do

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭NellyDean

Guys I really need some help.

Have all booked & sorted for prom now just ****ting about my hair.

I've got really thick, mental, curly (sometimes very frizzy) hair that I usually just wear down as it's quite long.

I want to do something really different for prom but I just have no ideas what would work with my hair as it's so awkward :/

It's so volumous like :L

Any ideas? Want something different!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

NellyDean wrote: »

I've got really thick, mental, curly (sometimes very frizzy) hair that I usually just wear down as it's quite long.

I want to do something really different for prom but I just have no ideas what would work with my hair as it's so awkward :/

Wow I didnt know we had American members here.

• Advertisement

Could dress up as a nun, then your hair and dress would be sorted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

As a SERIOUS answer (:P) I'm in the same boat except my hair is fairly thin and I can't do much with it but it's long like down to my elbows. Anyway what I did was just went to the hairdresser for a free trial and told her to do what she wanted cause I hadn't a clue and I liked it!
    she'll give ya a few ideas and then you can kinda direct her along once you find an idea ya like!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Everyone wants volume! Definitely treat yourself and book an appointment for the day of the debs/prom/whatever, book in person and go through pics of styles that would work with your hair with the stylist, choose something you like the look of and that they can achieve with your hair, don't panic it'll look great!

For really different I would suggest shaving your head. Dont get much more different than that style.

For really different I would suggest shaving your head. Dont get much more different than that style.

Or gel it straight up into a cone shape

• Advertisement

Or gel it straight up into a cone shape
    Guys, go back to cutting the hay, and leave the cutting of the hair to peek and dee and those who know something about it! :p

I think meself and corvo could start setting some serious trends if we opened up a hairdresser :pac:

I think meself and corvo could start setting some serious trends if we opened up a hairdresser :pac:
    I've seen your style-book! ;)

chris-waddle-mullet.jpg

pic11942.jpg

worst-haircut-1.jpg

Haircuts-20.jpg

Nz09B.jpg

The third picture looks like Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Every farmer will be creaming themselves when they see a girl with a hairstyle in 2nd picture :pac:

Wouldnt want a headbutt from her anyway.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Every farmer will be creaming themselves when they see a girl with a hairstyle in 2nd picture :pac:
    It's a "Danny Special"! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

How much is too much to spend on accessories I still have to get shoes a bracelet and a ring not to mention hair and all of that other crap. I've spent a freakin fortune on just a bag brooch and earrings already :(

a bracelet

Just ask Ciaran to the debs :pac:

Wow I didnt know we had American members here.
    Everyone in my school calls it prom :( actually no one says debs :L

Also I'm thinking on going with the cone shape.

Srs though, have an appointment booked but I booked it over the phone so they dunno what they're in for :P said to bring pixxx and i have none of the above stated pixx/ideas ..

• Advertisement

What ever price their quoting me and Dan will do 10% better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Try searching the hair tags on tumblr?
    Or head on over to google images and search the golden globes, Oscars etc and save anything you might like :)

Everyone in my school calls it prom :( actually no one says debs :L

Also I'm thinking on going with the cone shape.

Srs though, have an appointment booked but I booked it over the phone so they dunno what they're in for :P said to bring pixxx and i have none of the above stated pixx/ideas ..

The way you describe your hair, I think you would require a combine. I'm happy to provide harvesting services for your hair. NOTE: I will not be responsible for any damage I may cause to your skull :rolleyes:

Jamo I'm not saying that your stealing profits from me and Dan but what I am saying is from now on we get a 40% cut of your profits or me and Dan show up and combine your face.

Stay off our territory.

I'm not stealing your profits Corvo, I'm just giving her a nice alternative :)

The way you describe your hair, I think you would require a combine. I'm happy to provide harvesting services for your hair. NOTE: I will not be responsible for any damage I may cause to your skull :rolleyes:
    Just gimme a time and a place.

Just gimme a time and a place.

Say tomorrow at 3pm in my field? Need to beside a fuel tank as you have described it's a nightmare. Can't be any better if I'm using a combine

Say tomorrow at 3pm in my field? Need to beside a fuel tank as you have described it's a nightmare. Can't be any better if I'm using a combine
    I'm actually ****e at this farming talk so I don't quite getcha. But I'll still show :)

I'm not stealing your profits Corvo, I'm just giving her a nice alternative :)

I was going to kneecap your left leg but I'll give you the alternative of the right one.

• Advertisement

I was going to kneecap your left leg but I'll give you the alternative of the right one.

Touché :rolleyes:

Advertisement