Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Debs/Grad related

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Dont stand between cavan people and money :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Dont stand between cavan people and money :P

So what do yee do with your money may I ask, dig it in the backyard and then what?

Get more money

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Get more money
    Care to give me some for just being me :p

I would but thats all only a theory based on the idea that we actually have money which we dont.
    We're stuck on step one which is get money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

NellyDean wrote: »
    Also I'm thinking on going with the cone shape.

Told ye we would be setting trends!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Got a suit, corsage and shoes sorted away. It wasn't cheap!

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Say tomorrow at 3pm in my field?

Charmer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Goodness this isn't cheap! I was looking about the place for a nice dress suit, it really adds up! I think I'll be dropping into TK Maxx for a wander around on my next day off. Adding to that my date got a navy dress for it, my black suit will clash terribly! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

Hey Guys, I'm just looking for a bit of advice about corsages.

My date is wearing a black and silver dress and I just went into my local flower shop today and ordered a white orchid corsage. I haven't seen the corsage and now I'm wondering if white was even the right colour to get. I'm kinda clueless about these things.

Do you think I should change my order or is a white one ok? Also, it was €15 and I'm wondering if it'll look cheap? I'd rather spend a bit more money on a corsage to have a nice one rather that looking as though I skimped out on it.

Thanks in advance. =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

mulciber wrote: »

My date is wearing a black and silver dress and I just went into my local flower shop today and ordered a white orchid corsage. I haven't seen the corsage and now I'm wondering if white was even the right colour to get. I'm kinda clueless about these things.

Do you think I should change my order or is a white one ok? Also, it was €15 and I'm wondering if it'll look cheap? I'd rather spend a bit more money on a corsage to have a nice one rather that looking as though I skimped out on it.

Thanks in advance. =)

Not giving you advice on colours matching your date's dress but €15 seems reasonable. Mine was €10. Corsages won't last all night. They'll for about 5 hours and then they will start to breakdown. You'd be lucky if it last the whole night. If you don't want your date to think you are cheap, you can get her mother a box of chocolate (it's the norm anyway) and a bouquet of flowers. For your date, you can think about getting her a bracelet but you'll have to know what size her wrist is. Some people get their dates bracelets because they mean something to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

if you're just getting flowers do you get them the colour of her dress?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

mulciber wrote: »

Thanks in advance. =)

In the flower shop I went to the corsages don't even come in different colours. Either way, the corsages still look pretty great and not cheap at all, whatever the price. I reckon most lads at your grad probably would have went to the same flower shop so you'll all have different corsages!

As well as that I can't imagine a corsage that is black or silver, and white is probably the only natural flower colour that could come close to 'matching' the dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

kingcobra wrote: »
    In the flower shop I went to the corsages don't even come in different colours. Either way, the corsages still look pretty great and not cheap at all, whatever the price. I reckon most lads at your grad probably would have went to the same flower shop so you'll all have different corsages!

As well as that I can't imagine a corsage that is black or silver, and white is probably the only natural flower colour that could come close to 'matching' the dress.

Thanks for the reply.

That puts my mind to rest a bit. I was debating between red and white. I settled on white because my shirt will be white and also I think white and black go well together. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Folks, is there any particular protocol for a girl being asked to a lad's debs, like the way the guy being asked to a girl's debs does the whole corsage and chocolates thing?

Same either way.

Right lads, captain Morgan or southern comfort for the bus?

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Right lads, captain Morgan or southern comfort for the bus?

Captain Morgan AND Southern Comfort ;)

would a naggin fit nicely in the suit pocket? :P

Not really. Not in mine anyway. :/

1- Get Coke
    2- Spill half of Coke
    3- Get JD
    4- Pour JD into Coke
    5- Go into Bus/Hotel with Coke bottle.

its more for the photos i was worried about, i dont want to walk into her house holding a naggin/bottle :P

• Advertisement

That's the plan anyway. Tis easier that carrying around cans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

My Debs is in October, ages away but I was wondering how early in advance you have to order the corsage?

Also should I go out looking for a suit or just rent a tux? (My debs is black-tie, I'd say a tux would be seriously pricy to buy!)

Oh right, yeah it would be noticeable on my suit anyway. :/

Edit: Well, actually maybe it wouldn't, I dunno. :P

theres nothing else that would be less noticeable so it'll have to do :P

The naggin fits very nicely into the pocket assuming its not one like that absolute vodka.

Chances are it fits perfectly but it'd be kind of awkward having to greet/hug all her relatives when you have it in your chest pocket :pac:
    My Debs is in October, ages away but I was wondering how early in advance you have to order the corsage?

Also should I go out looking for a suit or just rent a tux? (My debs is black-tie, I'd say a tux would be seriously pricy to buy!)

For one grad I ordered it three days in advance, and that'd certainly be the very minimum time you should allow. Go in about a week or two beforehand and you should be ok, although there's no harm at all in going earlier than that.

And I'd say you should go buy a suit over renting a tux as you'll be able to wear the suit in future to interviews and stuff like that. And sure you could probably get a suit for the same price as renting a tuxedo!

Maybe the trouser pocket so?

Maybe the trouser pocket so?

Might be a better idea, although it'll probably be in plain view for everyone to see unless your pockets are deep. But sure look they were all young at some stage!

kingcobra wrote: »
    Might be a better idea, although it'll probably be in plain view for everyone to see unless your pockets are deep. But sure look they were all young at some stage!

It'd be handier if i could get it in town on the day but there isnt a shop nearby where the bus is going from :/

Hide the naggin in the sock. Know a few lads who got the jc results with a naggin in there sock haha

Or hide it outside there house in a flower pot or something and just sneakily pick it up before you leave there haha

• Advertisement

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Hide the naggin in the sock. Know a few lads who got the jc results with a naggin in there sock haha

Or hide it outside there house in a flower pot or something and just sneakily pick it up before you leave there haha

first option's not bad but imagine if it fell out-the embarrassment! dont think the 2nd option there is viable :p

Advertisement