Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone ever driven a diavel?

• 02-07-2013 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

There's one for sale on donedeal, I can't decide if I like them or not!

ducati-diavel

They are a big oul yoke, I'd say they go thru a 17 litre tank in no time.
    Cant see why they didnt put a bigger tank on this, a bike this size could easily accomodate a 20 litre plus tank surely.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

I wouldnt be able to get over how awful I think it looks unfort

supposedly the same engine is destined for the next monster incarnation - now that would be one to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Wossack wrote: »
    I wouldnt be able to get over how awful I think it looks unfort

supposedly the same engine is destined for the next monster incarnation - now that would be one to watch

Someone working next to me has one, its in a black/aluminium kind of colour and really looks well. I think they are the kind of bike that looks really well in some colours and not so well in others.
    Agree on the Monster, should be a big improvement, and needed too.
    Wonder will it signal the end of the Street Fighter?

could be the case alright

believe the streetfighter is for the chop yea - dont think it sold particularly well, which is sad, as i think they look pretty badass

could be the case alright

believe the streetfighter is for the chop yea - dont think it sold particularly well, which is sad, as i think they look pretty badass

Yeah, I dont think its sold well from what I've read. I think it looks ok, nothing more. and having sat on it, I dont think I'd fancy that seat and that riding position for too long!

yea, guy in work had one, and it nealy killed him hah :p

• Advertisement

yea, guy in work had one, and it nealy killed him hah :p

Haha!
    Couldnt believe how bad the seat was, it hurt my backside just sitting on it for 2 mins in a showroom!
    Should be pictures of that monster fairly soon, I'd imagine that will be a much better all round bike.
    And put a decent sized tank on it Ducati!
    When are bike manufacturers gonna realise that 15-20 litres is just not good enough?

'specially when its a big thirsty twin :o wouldnt hold my breath though! believe the monsters (recent ones anyway) typically had quite small tanks? 14-15ish on the more recent 600's anyway iirc

'specially when its a big thirsty twin :o wouldnt hold my breath though! believe the monsters (recent ones anyway) typically had quite small tanks? 14-15ish on the more recent 600's anyway iirc

Yeah, think youre right there in fact I think the current 1100 monster may have 13.5! Thats just ridiculous for me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

terrydel wrote: »

ducati-diavel

Cant see why they didnt put a bigger tank on this, a bike this size could easily accomodate a 20 litre plus tank surely.

They have a demo/test ride Diavel out at Rosso Ducati Ireland,just beside Harley Davidson in Balymount.:)

Bring your full licence and book a demo/test ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

terrydel wrote: »

ducati-diavel

i like that..... saw three of them being ridden like they were stolen at mallory park last year, foggy and hodgson were two of the pilots, 150yd burnouts, mad wheelies and general tomfoolery was very impressed by what i saw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

dont mind the monster. its the new ktm superduke 1290 i want to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

Side mounted number plate - the daftest thing I have seen on a bike to date!!

positron wrote: »
    Side mounted number plate - the daftest thing I have seen on a bike to date!!

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

No good reason other than it just looks daft. You probably would scrape it every time you turn left anyway.

PS: It's illegal on the left side anyway. If you are going to live with illegal plates, you might as well get a thin long plate and mount it between the rear hugger and the brake lights or somewhere nice like that.

PPS: Or this even:

021411-2011-ducati-diavel-18.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISSES_PMT

positron wrote: »
    No good reason other than it just looks daft. You probably would scrape it every time you turn left anyway.

PS: It's illegal on the left side anyway. If you are going to live with illegal plates, you might as well get a thin long plate and mount it between the rear hugger and the brake lights or somewhere nice like that.

PPS: Or this even:

021411-2011-ducati-diavel-18.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISSES_PMT

Prefer the one in your picture to be honest :-)

think thats how it comes stock :)

Advertisement