Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping Russian urls from linking to my site

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Hi

You might want to look into disavowing the links, but there's no way (technically) to stop someone from linking to a website.

Regards

Michele

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Immolation

Ok, I created the txt file with the urls in it & uploaded it under Googles Webmaster Tools.
    I should know in a week or so if it's had any effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 uglybunz

I see that the original poster now appears to be banned, but this could easily be blocked if it's on an apache vhost:

Just create an .htaccess file in your web-root thus (or add these lines at the beginning of an existent .htaccess):
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} \.ru [NC]
    RewriteRule .* - [F]

This will display a 403 Forbidden error to anyone who clicked on a link to your site on ANY .ru site, and Google Analytics will never see them because they are rejected directly by apache and won't get to load any pages. But anyone going directly to your site, even from a .ru host will still be able to access it (though you could easily block this too, if you wished).

uglybunz

Advertisement