Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weaning pots

Options
  • 02-07-2013 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been weaning my little one and now looking for some pots with lids to carry food around in. Needs to be microwaveable and dishwasher proof would be good. Also do you need to sterilise the food pots? I have been as using small ones.

What do containers do people recommend?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

i bought mine in the pound shop. All dishwasher-able, microwavable and freezable.. Everything covered. I got little ones, about the size of an egg cup, that have a flip up lip, four in a pack in a little tray they sit into for the freezer. Then i moved onto bowls with lids, again four in a pack. two euro for each set. Still have them a year on and not a bother on them. I steralised them for the first wash, then dishwash them since.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Baby-Food-Cubes-Tubs-BPA-Free-70mls-BNIP-With-Lids-x-8-/350514467514?hash=item519c4a52ba

these are the first tubs i used, except i got them in an irish pound shop in sets of four, and the tray they sit into was coloured

these are the pots i used after the little ones, and still use
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/First-Steps-3-Feeding-Bowls-With-Travel-Lids-choice-of-colours-250ml-capacity-/270934480943?pt=UK_Baby_BabyFeedingUtensils_EH&var=&hash=item3f14f4182f

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I found baby pots pretty great, and they're a variety of sizes so will work for purée or baby led weaning finger food.
    Website either babypots/babypotz.ie or mccabes pharmacies often have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I use these ikea ones. PRUTA range.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/60149673/

Lid is very secure, dishwasher and freezer safe. Stack into eachother. Small ones for baby. big ones for freezing scones / stews or soups for us. I find them great.

We had the annabel karmel ones that they sell in dunnes in the baby section too. They were brutal. Lid would fall off if not applied 'just so' and they absorbed food a bit. Went a funny colour.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

babypotz are really handy or the pound shops sells tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Got the little tommee tippee ones myself then got boots own brand ones. Both fine. But when needed bigger ones got them in dealz 4 for 1.49. Have them months grand in the freezer microwave and dishwasher. Never sterilised them just popped in dishwasher.
    Also think the plasticy rubber bibs are brilliant for weaning just wipe clean. Saves on washing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I used Babypotz too. I got the starter pack that has 10 each of different sizes. Handyfor purees at the beginning and I still use them to carry grapes/raisins etc when out and about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

I would say make sure whatever you get is bpa free, especially if your going to be microwaving them. I think the ikea ones aren't bpa free.
    I used avent breastmilk storage pots, they are bigger than the tommee tippee pots and other brands I seen

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

Babypotz are good. They come with different sizes which is great as youll grow out of the small ones quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

If you're anywhere near a Dealz shop they do great ones with the rubber around the insides so even liquids are secure. They do a 4 pack for €1.49.
    I never sterilised the pots just washed them with hot, soapy water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

The lids on the babypotz are crap, they are not very secure,and can fall off when in the freezer.

Those deals ones are better with the lids attached to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement