Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any charities out there who need volunteers?

Options
  • 02-07-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

I have recently moved to Balbriggan, 38 yrs old male from Finland.
    Im in long sickleave after an operation, and to get it short:im bored to death...

I have some experience teaching computer/internet skills for elderly people via my job. I also get along with people very well, have been working in demanding customer service for 15 years, so im not scared of people :)

Im very pet friendly aswell, i have a cat, which i adopted from Dspca.

Any ideas? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Drop cathy01 a PM. The ADHD/Autism shop may need assistance from time to time.

You could also post over in the Volunteerism forum for general advice on this topic.

Best of luck & get well soon.

tHB

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You could also register with Fingal Volunteer Centre http://www.volunteerfingal.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BalbrigganGirl

Hi There,

Welcome to Balbriggan.
    Not sure if it would suit but Dogs Aid in St Margarets are always short on male volunteers !
    We also have several kitties that need some love and attention !

www.dogsaid.ie

If you need any more info PM me !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Drogheda Animal rescue are also always happy to have help if animals are your thing.

You could also contact the RNLI and offer your services - the lifeboat station in Skerries also covers Balbriggan and I know they often need extra help for events etc. It wouldn't be every week, but even now and then would help cull your boredom.

Fair play to you for wanting to spend your time helping others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Well friends charity shop would love to have you.clo are street do furniture and I was just down there chatting and one of the girls wAs sayi g could we find someone who could take a peice of furnite and dicky it up.paint it .now I can hardly paint my nails so there are two options.work in any of the three shops of talk with the manager of the fur other one and one of the lads will deliever a peice of furniture and you can work away.thats just a couple of suggestions.if computer teaching is some your thing let me know.i was trying to get classes in Minecraft if kids age 10-12 up and running but te group involved didnt have any volunteers .let me know.pm me if you want and fair play to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement