Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water pump removal tool

• 02-07-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

Anyone have one that I could borrow.
    It's designed for Mercedes, Ford and another one or two car brands.
    I'll pick it up of you and deliver it back in the exact same condition.
    I'll even leave you with a deposit of 50 and throw you 20 for your troubles.

Having a b**** of a time getting the water pump off this clk.

Picture of the tool is attached.
    Any help appreciated.

Edit: ideally in South Dublin but will travel if I absolutely have to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭livingthedream

Hi,

Not sure if I'm on the right track here but I had a similar issue a few years ago whilst trying to change the water pump on a 5 series bmw.BMW had a 'special' tool for holding the pulley wheel/water pump shaft in place whilst undoing the nut for the fan. The part looked similar to the one in your picture though it only had 2 holes for gripping the nuts on the outside of the pulley.

I ended up 'McGyvering' one by drilling a couple of holes in a flat piece of metal and it did the job nicely... only took approx 20mins after finding the right piece of metal.. just a thought, it might not be too difficult to make something, certainly if you can get away with only using 2 holes as it's easier to line up.

Cheers,

LTD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

No your on the exact track. That's exactly what the tool in the picture does.
    Yes I thought of that but I've not got anything strong enough I can fashion to make it work.

I also tried 3 10mm spanners fastened together and an extension bar at the end to help with force but didn't work, every time I exerted a bit of force one of the spanners would come loose.

Thanks though.

IIRC I think I used a right angle shelf bracket that I bent straight(ish) and then drilled along with a bit of pipe over it for some additional leverage.... Only a few pence from local woodies...

Anyhoo, hopefully someone will be along soon with an actual tool to save your knuckles!

IIRC I think I used a right angle shelf bracket that I bent straight(ish) and then drilled along with a bit of pipe over it for some additional leverage.... Only a few pence from local woodies...

Anyhoo, hopefully someone will be along soon with an actual tool to save your knuckles!

Might try that later, thanks.

I made this crude device and it worked!
    Laser are looking for 140 for something that cost me 2 drill bits and a shelf support!

• Advertisement

Wayhay!

What a beautiful piece of engineering! :D

Ah the memories :D

Glad you got it sorted...

~LTD

Advertisement