Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed limit on the Huntstown/Hartstown road?

Options
  • 02-07-2013 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

I thought the speed limit for this road (Hartstown road/Huntstown Way/Blakestown way marked in red) was 60kph

w10m.png

But then someone told me the Garda were doing speed checks and doing anybody over 55 kph as there was a 50 kph limit on it?

I have checked the road in both directions and cant find/see any speed limit signs

Does anybody know what the speed limit is and have verification of the limit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Theres no speed limit signs as the limit doesnt change along it, you only get two full size signs at a change of limit point. The nearest change from 60 to 50 is the Hartstown Link Road coming from Ongar Road

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

50km, corner of blakestown rd and hartstown rd. Which is quite hard to see now with the trees covering the sign

https://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

glossy wrote: »

Hi thats a dead link but I presume its a 50kph sign but HERE is a 60 kph sign coming off the N3 up towards the Blanchardstown center roundabout/Blakestown way road and theres no different/change of speed limit sign for Blakestown way Huntstown/Hartstown road

:o oh dear cant get the link up probably, hope some else can

corner of huntstown rd and blakestown road does clearly say 50km.

glossy wrote: »
    :o oh dear cant get the link up probably, hope some else can

corner of huntstown rd and blakestown road does clearly say 50km.

I see a speed limit sign where you said here but the problem is that roundabout and sign are gone now due to "upgrades" of the road so there's still no actual speed limit sign just a picture of one that used to be there!!!

• Advertisement

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I see a speed limit sign where you said here but the problem is that roundabout and sign are gone now due to "upgrades" of the road so there's still no actual speed limit sign just a picture of one that used to be there!!!

that's on on the other end of the road that pic, were i'm talking about is near inglewood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Hi thats a dead link but I presume its a 50kph sign but HERE is a 60 kph sign coming off the N3 up towards the Blanchardstown center roundabout/Blakestown way road and theres no different/change of speed limit sign for Blakestown way Huntstown/Hartstown road

Here's a screengrab of the Google Streetview picture, so that everyone can see...

e281686373741c855bc0cb715304c27a.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

There's also one that says 50 kmph on the Blakestown Road just before Lidl... here's the Google map's link - http://goo.gl/maps/lfoPo

d65627426e330ebbb1ec40166a5c3e85.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

The signs at both sides of the road were the Scallywags creche is state 50

Arciphel wrote: »
    There's also one that says 50 kmph on the Blakestown Road just before Lidl... here's the Google map's link - http://goo.gl/maps/lfoPo

d65627426e330ebbb1ec40166a5c3e85.png

Old pics of signs that aren't there anymore like I said before in post #6 about the sign at Scallywags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The default urban speed limit is 50 kph, you're far better off sticking nearer to it unless you definitely spot a higher limit posted

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭J.P.M

I don't think anyone cares. Full of boy racers and twats that can't indicate:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Sounds a bit like a target as opposed to a limit thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Old pics of signs that aren't there anymore like I said before in post #6 about the sign at Scallywags

The sign in the picture Arciphel linked (Blakestown road, near Lidl) is still there. Of course the road has changed a bit since the pic was taken, but the 50km/h limit sign exists.

I was driving along the road today and I seen a 50 kph sign at Sheepmoor going towards Huntstown and I seen the signs at Scallywags saying 50kph too.

Its very hard to notice them because of the amount of signs on poles on that road ... theres a different sign on many a pole every couple of meter's along certain parts of the road ... if you were to try to read all of them as you drive along you would crash!!!

Advertisement