Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typical Canadian Dinner?

Options
  • 02-07-2013 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

I want to cook a dinner for my Canadian friend. Can anyone give me ideas for typical Canadian food?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I want to cook a dinner for my Canadian friend. Can anyone give me ideas for typical Canadian food?

Not sure about a main plate, as Canada is such a multicultural country.

But make smores for desert and you're on a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

They are partial to Moose I think...and labatt's plenty of labatt's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I've decided.

Starter: Sushi
    Main: Japanese Noodles
    Desert: S'more.

Not very typical Canadian but they eat Japanese food there and my friend loves it.

Is there anything else I can do to celebrate Canada day? I'll buy Canadian beer if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Most Canadians would agree a nice slice of 'jack cheese onto of what ever meat you've just grilled would complete a fine meal.

How can this country with such fine pastures have such awful cheap **** cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Most Canadians would agree a nice slice of 'jack cheese onto of what ever meat you've just grilled would complete a fine meal.

How can this country with such fine pastures have such awful cheap **** cheese.

LOL, So true, the cheese is terrible here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

From what I've seen they take their bbq style meat very seriously, good quality burgers, ribs, wings, prime rib, half chickens, steak and brisket. Also poutine is an obvious one so if they've been away from home try get proper cheese curds and make them a good poutine with crispy homemade fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 vicquebec

Phonehead wrote: »
    LOL, So true, the cheese is terrible here

You've obviously not been to Quebec!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

The Japanese Noodles were a soggy disaster. Everything else was great. Thanks for the replies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Poutine and some kraft dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

The Japanese Noodles were a soggy disaster. Everything else was great. Thanks for the replies.

Were you, soba?

coat...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 GreenGables

Meat, potatoes and a vegetable...preferably green or orange.

Advertisement