Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start up advice

Options
  • 02-07-2013 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I am seriously thinking of starting up my own business. I've noticed a niche in the Irish market but I have no knowledge of one aspect; clothes manufacturing..
    I was hoping someone may have had some past experience dealing with Asian manufacturers and can help or direct me to advice?
    The clothes I want would already be designed and fairly simple...I don't want to give too much away though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Epsy62 wrote: »
    Hi, I am seriously thinking of starting up my own business. I've noticed a niche in the Irish market but I have no knowledge of one aspect; clothes manufacturing..
    I was hoping someone may have had some past experience dealing with Asian manufacturers and can help or direct me to advice?
    The clothes I want would already be designed and fairly simple...I don't want to give too much away though!

If you have found a niche there then that is pretty impressive!! I've dealt with manufacturers (not in clothes though) on the whole they have been excellent and any time I have had a problem its been dealt with very quickly. A starting place is Alibaba.com the site is a monster they I believe they are the biggest ecommerce site online. Have a look around boards for threads for advice on shipping from Asia as you will need to make sure to do it the right way so you don't end up getting over charged! Also you will need to read up on duty and import taxes etc so you can work out exactly what sort of costs you are likely to be incurring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rtrojan

You should look at manufacturing companies in Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand or Brazil as the prices to manufacture in China have risen slightly over the past 6 months. If you are planning on setting out on a new start up, get yourself a good business plan. You must know everything inside out and better than your competitors.

Advertisement