Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Division PC Petition

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Thats a bit cringe tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Thats a bit cringe tbh

Not really Ubisoft basically called for it, they said if there was enough interest it would happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'd like to see it on PC, but given the fact I hate Ubisoft / U-Play and their DRM etc I won't.

If it comes out I would buy it though most likely, half the signatures on that petition though won't ....they'll acquire the game no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'd like to see it on PC, but given the fact I hate Ubisoft / U-Play and their DRM etc I won't.

If it comes out I would buy it though most likely, half the signatures on that petition though won't ....they'll acquire the game no doubt.
    The have changed there drm model and removed the nuts 24hr connection and now its very similar to steam last I checked bar the very insecure/unstable uplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The whole "if PC gamers want it enough, they should beg for it" really does not play with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I lol'd that about after an hour of posting the above, someone posted a thread saying Ubisoft got hacked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

It's obviously going to be on PC in fairness

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I have no problem with the petition or Ubisoft or Uplay.

I signed this petition ages ago. I'd imagine given Ubisofts statements and Massive's track record as a PC developer that we will see this game on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Azza wrote: »
    I have no problem with the petition or Ubisoft or Uplay.

I signed this petition ages ago. I'd imagine given Ubisofts statements and Massive's track record as a PC developer that we will see this game on PC.

I bet it was already planed as a pc game. With this bull**** petition twist they are making other people do marketing for them. Ubisoft is smart.

I bet it was already planed as a pc game. With this bull**** petition twist they are making other people do marketing for them. Ubisoft is smart.

Exactly. The similarities between console and PC development now mean that essentially everything that's on console can theoretically make its way to PC relatively (RELATIVELY) easily. I can't claim to have any inside knowledge on this one, but there's only a minuscule chance that PC development on this isn't well underway.

• Advertisement

I don't really care if its a marketing ploy or not. Signing the petition took me maybe 30 seconds tops, no skin of my nose.

If the game comes out on PC and it gets good reviews, I'll buy it, if it doesn't or if it gets bad reviews I won't. How its marketed doesn't matter to me.

Well most games can be ported to a PC quickly and cheaply, that isn't the issue. The issues for developers is it a worth while use of resources. A PC port could make money for them sure but moving on to the next project and skipping a PC port might make them more money overall.

Azza wrote: »
    Well most games can be ported to a PC quickly and cheaply, that isn't the issue. The issues for developers is it a worth while use of resources. A PC port could make money for them sure but moving on to the next project and skipping a PC port might make them more money overall.

The next gen consoles are essentially PCs though. There's not all that much in terms of additional resources needed to put a PC release of a next gen game out as far as I'm led to understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

COYVB wrote: »
    The next gen consoles are essentially PCs though. There's not all that much in terms of additional resources needed to put a PC release of a next gen game out as far as I'm led to understand

Optimization is a huge amount of work, and if in the end this isn't some PR ****e then they've gone to the effort to estimate how much it'll cost and how much it'll make for them.

Advertisement