Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote Streaming of Music

Options
  • 02-07-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

This may turn out to be a slightly rambling post but bear with me.

I'm trying to find the easiest way to be able to stream my music collection to my phone/tablet. In the past I played around with gmote and the likes but none of them were partcularly dependable.

I've got approx 500gb of music plus roughly 5tb of video that I'd like to be able to stream.

As things stand at the moment I've a Win 7 desktop which is hooked up to my TV and I play the media through the TV. The same PC has about 5 external USB drives hooked up to it containing the various bits of media.

I'm looking for suggestions as to the best and preferably cheapest method of getting the whole lot working so I can stream my media to my phone/tablet whereever I am in the world. (I'd like to be able to access the lot from outside my home network).

If more info is needed i'm happy to fill in any blanks people might have.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Subsonic is definitely worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Khannie wrote: »
    Subsonic is definitely worth a look.

That actually looks fantastic, I'll have a poke around with it tonight.

Cheers!

Advertisement