Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightbox -Where to Buy?

Options
  • 02-07-2013 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I've been looking for a good A1 size light box to use for my drawing work..Only ones I can really find are Argos ones and the reviews aren't great.

I also live in an apartment so can't really get the saw out and make a frame myself at the moment.

Since I'm sure many of you are artists...any ideas where I could get a big one for a decent price?

:)

Cheeeeers:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

at A1 you'll be building it yourself.

I'd say get the ikea workbench with the angling trestles, and then a glass top for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

this one:
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/S79001983/

with an approriate glass plate instead of buying the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

this one:
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/S79001983/

with an approriate glass plate instead of buying the top.

Not a bad idea at all. Thanks a lot for that. Gonna try and get my dad to fix it up for me:cool: Men like that shiz dont they ?!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I was just about to say the same. Building is your best option and probably more cost effective ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

my dad built me one not that long ago. best check out led lights, he got led lights for it as they dont heat up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 acrylicgift

Hi ,

What type lightbox are you looking for ? There are several kinds of light box, Crystal light box ,aluminium snap light box and magnetic lightbox?
    And also ,do you need double sided or single sided?

What kinds of light box do you need?

I think you can search such light box with your specific needs on google or ebay, there are many suppliers can do that for you.

Cheers

Papillon! wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I've been looking for a good A1 size light box to use for my drawing work..Only ones I can really find are Argos ones and the reviews aren't great.

I also live in an apartment so can't really get the saw out and make a frame myself at the moment.

Since I'm sure many of you are artists...any ideas where I could get a big one for a decent price?

:)

Cheeeeers:D

Advertisement