Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat caught bird...

• 02-07-2013 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

Earlier on my cat brought in a bird to the house, it was still alive and I tried to intervene in time but the damage was already done, the bird is still alive in a box out the shed but he's beyond recovery and im just wondering would it be kinder to put it out of it's misery or leave it to die on it's own? He's been out a good few hours now and he's still fairly active, what would be the best option?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Call your local vet, a lot of vets will willingly take in a bird in this condition and humanely put it to sleep without charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

I prob would of killed him a few hours ago.

Fancy giving me a lone of the cat...I have a few magpies that wake me up every morning!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

billy2012 wrote: »
    I have a few magpies that wake me up every morning!!

Magpies are smart and brave.

Advertisement