Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homepage cut off (no ads)

Options
  • 02-07-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭

If I type boards.ie into the search bar it brings up the home page as https://www.boards.ie/, but for some reason it's cutting off the top of the screen so that the Latest Posts/My Forums/My Threads tabs can't be seen. However if I reduce the size of the window I can see them. It's a similar problem to the one reported here except that I can see a little more of the home screen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hi Zaph,

Can you screenshot it for us? We don't quite understand the issue :)

Danny

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Here you go Danny.

qnir.jpg

As you can see, the title bar is there, but the part below that cuts through the Latest Posts header and it won't scroll up any further than that.

Zaph wrote: »
    Here you go Danny.

qnir.jpg

As you can see, the title bar is there, but the part below that cuts through the Latest Posts header and it won't scroll up any further than that.

I'm more concerned that you're seeing it at all to be honest, but we'll fix it up for you now.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Woah, how come https and http show different front pages?! Did I miss something!

Gordon wrote: »
    Woah, how come https and http show different front pages?! Did I miss something!

No, we did :)

Danny

• Advertisement

Hehe

And that's resolved now - the world isn't ready for the new home page yet, so it's back to unsupported, unstyled SSL for you guys :D

Thanks for the bug report Zaph, hope you enjoy the last day or two on the old homepage :)

Danny

Thanks for the bug report Zaph, hope you enjoy the last day or two on the old homepage :)

Say what now? Surely you're not suggesting that the old default white skin is going, are you? You would have a very unhappy Zaph on your hands if that was to happen.

Hi Zaph,

As per this Feedback thread from April the homepage redesign is about to launch.

This is a new homepage based on the API and not vBulletin. Access to the vBulletin-based homepage users on old styles currently see will no longer be possible. vBulletin pages such as threads/forums will remain unchanged and the old styles will still show on them

Danny

Say what now? Surely you're not suggesting that the old default white skin is going, are you? You would have a very unhappy Zaph on your hands if that was to happen.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056934893

• Advertisement

You now have a very unhappy Zaph on your hands :(

Having the same problem with the new home page as I posted about the other day. Not seeing the tabs at the top, there's nothing visible above the most recent thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Having the same problem with the new home page as I posted about the other day. Not seeing the tabs at the top, there's nothing visible above the most recent thread.

Same here. Top pf the screen is completely cut off for me

Edit: Screenie

2rgddfm.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Same here!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm getting the same thing, the top is cut off and I'm not able to scroll up

Hi Folks,

Please clear your browser caches and try another browser? We are not seeing your issues here and I've tested with Sticky Header on/off, cosy mode on/off and full width on/off.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Maybe its an adblock thing? When i try to hide the ad on the top, the same thing happens.

I've cleared my cache and there's no change. I don't have any other browsers installed, so I'll wait and see if that works for anyone else.

Hi Folks,

Please clear your browser caches and try another browser? We are not seeing your issues here and I've tested with Sticky Header on/off, cosy mode on/off and full width on/off.

Danny

Trying now on Firefox. It's fine if I don't log in:

xndf9j.jpg

But as soon as I log in:

65stg2.jpg

Cheers folks, we'll have it resolved as soon as we can. In the mean time as a temporary fix you can turn on ads in your Control Panel.

Danny

• Advertisement

Cheers folks, we'll have it resolved as soon as we can. In the mean time as a temporary fix you can turn on ads in your Control Panel.

Danny

0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

This should be resolved now, any further issues just let us know. Thanks

Yep, seems fine this end. Cheers folks

Seems to be OK now, thanks Danny. Any chance that the Virgin threads tab will return? It was handy for spotting spammers.

Seems to be OK now, thanks Danny. Any chance that the Virgin threads tab will return? It was handy for spotting spammers.

You're welcome. We thought we had it squashed yesterday after you posted that screenshot but alas there were two bugs :)

The traffic on the virgin threads tab means it didn't make it this round, but never say never; I've no idea what tabs we may see over time :)

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement