Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Child access?

• 02-07-2013 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi, hopefully someone can advise me on this. My partner is legally separated from the mother of his kids, she recently took him to court for maintenance and access even though he always has paid his maintence and has the kids every weekend ( both us & the solictor got the impression it was more about him being with me & the fact that I'm pregnant). The court set the maintenance & access & we were happy as it remained the same with him still getting the kids every weekend & the same money. Before the court date & since she has been texting non stop even though he has repeatedly asked her to stop. She asked him to take the kids an extra days the first two weekends & he adviced her he would & gave her the ordered noticed that he was taking them north to visit his family. He notified her today he would be bringing them back late due to travelling & stopping to eat and has been getting abusive text messages since. We are now wondering if it would have been better to agree to lesser access & take them more when we could rather than have to deal with this? It is all very stressful & to be honest he found the court looked favourlaably on her rather than actually look at the merits of both of them so between that & the cost involved we do not want to go back to court if my don't have to. He is a great father & we both love the kids & give them everything we can but we don't feel this treatment is fair. Can anyone tell me is access enforceable? If we decided to not take them for a weekend or to not have them overnight can she force us too? We are being as flexible as we can with the extra she asks of us but since she is not doing the same we think we need to take steps to allow us to deal with our other commitments ie. his sick mother up north as well as seeing the kids without encountering this crap every time. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi OP - we are prohibited from offering legal advice on this forum so I have no choice but to close your thread.

On a side note please be aware it is also against site policy to open the same thread on more than one forum, this can result in admin action being taken. Really wish you and your partner all the best with this.
    If you want relationship advice in terms of how to deal with his ex you might try the Relationship forum but as above no legal advice is possible there either.

The best advice we can offer right now though is all of your questions need to be reviewed by your solicitor. Might be a good idea to keep a diary of events and a list of questions to review on your next visit. I would hesitate in seeking a reduction in access though, as access can be hard to get in the first place and I am just imagining the stories his ex will tell the kids about their Daddy not wanting to see them...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement