Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Child access?

• 02-07-2013 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi, hopefully someone cAn advise. My parter is legally separated from the mother of his kids. He has always paid maintenance and taken them every weekend. She recently brought him to court for maintenance & access we believe as did his solictor that this was because of her issues with him seeing me & that I am pregnant. We were happy as both the maintence & access remained the same, her solictor asked did she want every second weekend & she said no she didn't want weekends, since court she has asked can be take them an extra night two weekends in a row which he has agreed & this past weekend he gave her the ordered notice that we were going north as that is we're his sick mother is & were we are both from. Since before court she has been sending him abusive texts & texting him what he can or can't do with the kids. He texted to tell her he would have them late back by two hours due to travelling & stopping for food & a break & the messages have been getting worse. We feel this isn't fair as we have been flexible with her but she's not being with us. He is a good father, we give the kids everything & we love them but we shouldn't have to put up with this, we are now thinking we should have Agreed less access & took the kids more when we could as she is being so difficult about his other commitments. Is access legally enforcable? If we can't take the kids for a weekend can she force us to? If we want to change it to every second weekend can we do this or do we have to go back to court as really can't afford it. Thanks

Advertisement