Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spice bag

Options
  • 02-07-2013 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Can anyone please tell me what the hell is a spicebag? I've seen then on the menus of numerous Chinese takeaways in Dublin.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just googled just eat.ie which has loads of menus and found none with spicebags.

"spicebag" site:www.just-eat.ie
    "spice bag" site:www.just-eat.ie

Did suggest spicy bag which some had. I guess its a mixture of a few starters, I notice many chinese takeaways now have €10 specials, and "snackboxes" where you get something like a few chips, small curry sauce, 1 rib, 2 wings, springroll etc.

Just ask them, if they have good english. I hate the way they give no descriptions of what the dish is in most chinese places, while Indian takeaways often have descriptions of what to expect.

EDIT: I just remember one Chinese place near me has a new "hot bag" which was a few wings, sauce & chips, or a few chicken balls, sauce & chips. More and more seem to be going after the younger market, or people who want to eat on the go, so they are competing with the likes of chippers. The chinese nearest me is full of kids getting half portions of things and eating it outside the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

oldish thread but incase the OP is still looking or anyone else is looking

spice bag comes from the sunflower chinese takeaway in d6 i think
    has spicy chips and chicken in it and its the SEXXXX :D
    dont know if spicy bag is the same
    also has some onion and pepers in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Just got one of these badboys on Friday night, it was a bag full of chips and chicken balls and the whole lot were covered in chili flakes.

Was amazing after the pub. Woke up on Saturday morning and the remnants had the whole kitchen stinking of take away chinese.

Straight in the microwave, lovely again for breakfast. Winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    oldish thread but incase the OP is still looking or anyone else is looking

spice bag comes from the sunflower chinese takeaway in d6 i think
    has spicy chips and chicken in it and its the SEXXXX :D
    dont know if spicy bag is the same
    also has some onion and pepers in it

Nice one! Had one before but could'nt remember where we stopped. That's the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kean Lenon

yeah defo a must get in my favourite takeaway, its a bag full of nice and hot shredded chicken and chips and its a bad boy when ya was drunk and with a few chick , just ring them a delivery and they came into the window and feed us well. Gorgeous food was the name of the takeaway and the curry sauce was genius aswell, peeps just try them out you wont regret it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Brazzer

Where did you get the spice bag you describe kean lennon??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Probably Gorgeous Food Chinese takeaway in Clontarf, Dublin.

Advertisement