Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT orientation and freshers week

Options
  • 02-07-2013 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Might be heading to Aungier St in September, just wondering what the deal is with orientation and freshers week? What else goes on for first years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Might be heading to Aungier St in September, just wondering what the deal is with orientation and freshers week? What else goes on for first years?

Orientation is where you are told an outline of what you'll be doing, given timetables, get your student card etc (pretty sure it's compulsory, but even if it's not don't miss it, very important stuff!). Freshers week will have the majority of clubs and socs in a different campus each day for that week, trying to get you to sign up. Great way to make friends. There's normally a few events on that week in the local pubs, with the freshers ball being the grand finale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Do whats the plans for this years DIT fresher week ? Any wild partys going down so we can get to know each other or is it indeed a anti social isolated from each other type of college ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

Freshers week is always crazy with lots of events during the day and night, topped off with the freshers ball which is usually a big night at the to top off the end of the week. So there will be plenty of 'wild' parties and things to do if that is what you want to do!

I went to most of the events in the SU during the day which were great craic - eating competitions, bungie jumping, sumo wrestling, loads of stuff, but personally I didn't go too mad with the nights out because I simply didn't have the money to go drinking all week!

My class usually went for quiet drinks just to get to know each other, which was cool!

The freshers ball was awesome though and I would recommend that!

(In my 1st year they booked out the Wright Venue upstairs and down stairs, I'm not a fan of the place normally but with all of DIT in it, it was a brilliant night!)

DIT is a very social college, I really like the atmosphere there (particularly in Auinger St.) and there is always things going on throughout the year(you are in town surrounded my pubs/clubs!), so I wouldn't be worried about that at all! Just remember to actually do a bit of study :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

dorkacle wrote: »
    Freshers week is always crazy with lots of events during the day and night, topped off with the freshers ball which is usually a big night at the to top off the end of the week. So there will be plenty of 'wild' parties and things to do if that is what you want to do!

I went to most of the events in the SU during the day which were great craic - eating competitions, bungie jumping, sumo wrestling, loads of stuff, but personally I didn't go too mad with the nights out because I simply didn't have the money to go drinking all week!

My class usually went for quiet drinks just to get to know each other, which was cool!

The freshers ball was awesome though and I would recommend that!

(In my 1st year they booked out the Wright Venue upstairs and down stairs, I'm not a fan of the place normally but with all of DIT in it, it was a brilliant night!)

DIT is a very social college, I really like the atmosphere there (particularly in Auinger St.) and there is always things going on throughout the year(you are in town surrounded my pubs/clubs!), so I wouldn't be worried about that at all! Just remember to actually do a bit of study :D

Cheers ! Sounds good

Advertisement