Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a joint account

Options
  • 02-07-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi,

My boyfriend and I recently got engaged and we're hoping to open a bank account together to save money for the wedding. I was wondering is this possible even though the two of us don't live together yet because of work? If we can, what will we need to open an account?

Thanks,
    Martina

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi martinak89,

Congratulations on your recent engagement.

It is possible to open a joint account with both account holders having different addresses. Firstly you would need to arrange an appointment with your local branch. You would both need to bring valid photo id, passport or driving licence, and proof of your address which can be a recent utility bill, a statement from another bank or any government document that shows your name and address.

You can find more information on the savings accounts we currently offer here.

Thanks for posting and the best of luck with your wedding.
    Tara

Advertisement