Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to distribute surveys please help

Options
  • 02-07-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I am currently starting up my own business and am just about to launch into more detailed market research.
    I have completed writing a survey on survey monkey but the plan I had for distributing the survey is a non runner and so I am at a loss as to how to distribute the survey.
    Obviously there's my friends on Facebook but with an average of 25% response rate (if that) to surveys that's not really going to yield the figures I would like.
    Can anyone here give me some advice please?
    This is so essential to where I am at right now and I could use some advice.
    The business is related to buying and selling of used cars if that's relevant.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

Hi session savage

Before distributing your survey you need to think of who your target market is for your product - and if you want your results to be reliable then try to survey those who represent this target market. (No point in surveying 90 year old grannies if you are trying to buy or sell cars).

Online surveys can be problematic - you could try placing your survey link on a facebook ad, or maybe there are some forums that will allow you to put your link up. Teamer.net, which is a website for football coaches and players, allow access to their members for a fee.

Alternatively you could try conducting your survey on street - if males are your target market you can find them in pubs, bookies and at matches, just speak nicely to the managers and they might help you out.

Also to help with the response make sure your questionnaire is logical and allows for all types of answers. It's easier to answer (and analyse) closed questions rather than ones which require you to type in a response.

Good luck with the survey and your business venture.

Advertisement