Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackthorn Green, Sandyford, Dublin 18 + Area information

Options
  • 02-07-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi

I am planning to buy a house in Blackthorn Green, Sandyford, Dublin 18 ; i would like to know if this area is good for family living or any issues reported for communal issues or any other information that could help me.

Please let me know if you have any more information about this area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I don't think this road itself is that bad, but the Moreen estate right behind it has a very bad reputation. Drive around there at night maybe to see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 abrahamb1111

Thanks Miezekatze

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Hi

I am planning to buy a house in Blackthorn Green, Sandyford, Dublin 18 ; i would like to know if this area is good for family living or any issues reported for communal issues or any other information that could help me.

Please let me know if you have any more information about this area.

I had a look at that house (if it's the one with the drumkit upstairs), thought it was decent enough. People said that the areas bad, but I went to and from there every day for years (a couple of years ago now). I thought it was ok. Not a massive fan of Moreen but I was comfortable walking around. That's the best way to find out if you can live there, go for a few walks around the place at the weekend evenings, see what the nightlife is like. It's certainly a decent location.

Although we decided not to get it. But yeah. It was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 abrahamb1111

Hi Thanks for your reply.

I have visited the place many times in night and did not find any issues. Spoke to few people near by.

I have looked at the house but could not progress further as the agent keeps on toping up the offer and there are lots of inconsistencies in the conversation about the owner. In between i have been told that the house is sold and after few days it appeared under a different agent's name.

The second agent told a different story altogether after few days we decided not to progress with the house even thought it was good.

Advertisement