Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Limerick - suggestions of things to do / join!

• 02-07-2013 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello,
    I am hoping some of ye can help me out!

I have recently moved to Limerick city & so far I am finding myself a bit bored in the evenings. I am used to having a good social life with loads to do

Anybody have any suggestions of things to do or join to meet new people please?
    I see there are different sports clubs but is there any thing else fun or interesting going on during the week???

Any suggestions really appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

lucyluo wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am hoping some of ye can help me out!

I have recently moved to Limerick city & so far I am finding myself a bit bored in the evenings. I am used to having a good social life with loads to do

Anybody have any suggestions of things to do or join to meet new people please?
    I see there are different sports clubs but is there any thing else fun or interesting going on during the week???

Any suggestions really appreciated :)

There are def a few similar threads here if you do a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lucyluo

Thanks rightwing :-)
    Ive done a search there again & didnt come across anything up to date or of actual things to join so if anyone has a link or suggestions that would be great ;-)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The White House on O'Connell Street has a poetry night every Wednesday with open mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lucyluo

Thank you the poetry definitely sounds like something different - I will try that out! Thanks for the suggestion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

If you're into Classical music, there's a Chopin piano recital today at 13:15 in St.Mary's Cathedral. It's free. I often go on here to find out about events happening in Limerick: http://www.limerick.ie/living/whatson/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

You could try toastmasters. There are a few clubs in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Toastmasters, poetry, classical music................

Limerick seems to be a happening place alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you get your way out to the sanctuary in Kilfinane at the weekends then Limerick Animal Welfare are always looking for volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 aussie_mella

Hey Lucyluo, I'm in exactly the same situation. I moved to Limerick at the beginning of the year from Glasgow (where my social life was the best) and find it difficult to find things to do that involves meeting new people etc here in Limerick.

Give me a shout if you fancy a coffee/pint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 Sportsmad_Mick

Try some indoor rockclimbing in Presentation secondary school in the city- very social crew there, great way of making friends-far more social than the gym and every few weeks there is outdoor climbing at the weekends in lovely spots in Limerick, the Burren or out west Clare-great way to get out and see the countryside.
    Or esle try 5 a side soccer played on most astro turfs, good fun- but prob not as social, as you get there, play and then go home. tag rugby is very social too, nights out and sport and craic combined!
    Limerick is a great spot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 rowingguy

How about trying Bikram Yoga

It's based in Ballysimon and easily accessible from the city centre:

http://www.bikramyogalimerick.ie/

Voy wrote: »
    You could try toastmasters. There are a few clubs in Limerick.

what is toastmasters :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

what is toastmasters :confused:

http://bit.ly/rJSs66

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

There is a yoga class on in The Milk Market on Sunday mornings at 11, its lovely!

Advertisement