Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VU DUO2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

codar wrote: »
    I found the duo2 remote rubbish to be honest.
    I chucked it in a drawer and now use a genuine solo2 remote instead.
    It is a lot more responsive than the original one supplied, in my opinion.
    Yeah Duo 2 remote is poor compared to the Duo/Solo ones

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yep haven't looked back since switching to the solo2 remote way more responsive original remote is just badly designed!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

Another one here with a very dodgy genuine vu+duo2 remote - fit for the bin so it is.

I see that some of you are using the solo2 remote ??

Found the following link, here in this thread, for a replacement but the small print at the bottom states that the remote is not suitable
    for duo2 boxes (http://satboxes.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=129)

This one in Swords appears to be compatible but €25 is a bit steep (http://www.satexperts.ie/shop-categories/boxes/linux-accessories/vu-remote-control-detail)
    Anyone using this ??

Can someone provide a link to where you got yours please ??

One other thing, with the Solo2 remotes - are they ready for use with the duo2 - just pop in the batteries and away she goes, or do they require configuring ??

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

The one in satexperts has a keypad and the back the one in satboxes is just a basic it states not for solo2 or duo2 give both a ring and ask what works on what before you buy .

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭codar

• Advertisement

Logitech Harmony remote controls are very good as a replacement. Programmable and the cheaper ones can be used to work 3 devices .I bought one for a reciever when amazon had a deal on them about 2 years ago.

Brilliant feedback from you all, thanks a million.

The one mentioned by codar in world of satellite, I think is the same as this one in swords (satexperts.ie) (http://www.satexperts.ie/shop-categories/boxes/linux-accessories/vu-remote-control-detail)

I'll get this one even though it is €25

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Just got this box and its great but the issues I have relate to Kodi and its interaction with the E2 mediaplayer which appears to be a bit of a shambles if you need to pause, rewind or fast forward stuff. Is there a way to get kodi to use its own media player and ignore the E2 one? I'm on open Black hole at the moment but the issue was present in all the images I've tried so far.

I find the R.C. for controlling text entry in the Opera browser or searching within XBMC etc, very tedious (annoys the existing RSI I have from tablet / phone use etc etc :D

Is there a compatible wireless keyboard / trackball combo ??

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

I was looking at the options.
    Vu Solo2 versus Vu Duo2

Looking at the spec's, the main difference is the
    Duo2 has WiFi
    Duo2 has RAM 2Gb v 1Gb
    Duo2 has Flash 1Gb v 256Mb

Any recommendations on the product and also where to purchase a box.?
    Also is it easy to install a skin like Sky?
    Do both support HD channels?

• Advertisement

VUDuo2 wrote: »
    I find the R.C. for controlling text entry in the Opera browser or searching within XBMC etc, very tedious (annoys the existing RSI I have from tablet / phone use etc etc :D

Thread appears to be a ghost town as I found out above but I can help on this query. I have a logitech K400r that I use with my HTPC and it works with the Duo2 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

superg wrote: »
    Just got this box and its great but the issues I have relate to Kodi and its interaction with the E2 mediaplayer which appears to be a bit of a shambles if you need to pause, rewind or fast forward stuff. Is there a way to get kodi to use its own media player and ignore the E2 one? I'm on open Black hole at the moment but the issue was present in all the images I've tried so far.

hi, i was on BH for some time but its overloaded... try Open Vix, using different releases on my Duo2 for over two years and never had any issues

hi, I'm using Logitech TK820 ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=logitech+tk+820&tag=googiehydra-21&index=aps&hvadid=46157862788&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2802882912311174382&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_xbt4b67q8_e ), got as well Logitech K400 ... both are working like a charm

hi, i was on BH for some time but its overloaded... try Open Vix, using different releases on my Duo2 for over two years and never had any issues

I put open vix on it at the start and it was the same. Its the Enigma 2 media player just seems rubbish. Its fine if you put something on and watch but try pause or fast forward/rewind is when the trouble hits. Pause and then press play again results in the media player menu coming up instead of playing, then you have to go through menus to get rid of that, fast forward and then try to get it to stop fast forwarding without that same menu coming up, Pressing play adding stuff to a play list instead of just playing it! Its a shame cos the box is well able for kodi but the media player is not user friendly, especially for the wife!

Does it do that for everyone or is it just me?!

I put open vix on it at the start and it was the same. Its the Enigma 2 media player just seems rubbish. Its fine if you put something on and watch but try pause or fast forward/rewind is when the trouble hits. Pause and then press play again results in the media player menu coming up instead of playing, then you have to go through menus to get rid of that, fast forward and then try to get it to stop fast forwarding without that same menu coming up, Pressing play adding stuff to a play list instead of just playing it! Its a shame cos the box is well able for kodi but the media player is not user friendly, especially for the wife!

Does it do that for everyone or is it just me?!

Nope, not on my box (the VU+DUO2 that is !! :D)
    Media player has been working glitch free (Open BH v 0.1), pausing, fast forward etc all ok

Nope, not on my box (the VU+DUO2 that is !! :D)
    Media player has been working glitch free (Open BH v 0.1), pausing, fast forward etc all ok

Yeah it's weird. It was perfect last night however if I launch kodi it goes to sh*t even when I quit kodi. It's fine on its own.

Yeah it's weird. It was perfect last night however if I launch kodi it goes to sh*t even when I quit kodi. It's fine on its own.

The problems you are having in Kodi, do they occur while streaming from the internet or viewing from nas / local drive?

The problems you are having in Kodi, do they occur while streaming from the internet or viewing from nas / local drive?

From a NAS. Files from that same NAS play fine via the mediaplayer once Kodi hasn't been used.

Has anyone with a VU+Duo2 got a NVIDIA Shield 16 GB Android TV Box or MINIX Neo U1 Android, running the VU+ PlayerHD (Marusys) app ??

I use that app on my android tablet & my android phone for watching the VU+Duo2’s channels, which is great for me but I don’t want my kids
    using those devices.

I’m looking for a “child” friendly Android TV box (Ethernet connectivity ) that will run the VU+ PlayerHD, would either of the above boxes work or is there something similar that would ??.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Has anyone with a VU+Duo2 got a NVIDIA Shield 16 GB Android TV Box or MINIX Neo U1 Android, running the VU+ PlayerHD (Marusys) app ??

I use that app on my android tablet & my android phone for watching the VU+Duo2’s channels, which is great for me but I don’t want my kids
    using those devices.

I’m looking for a “child” friendly Android TV box (Ethernet connectivity ) that will run the VU+ PlayerHD, would either of the above boxes work or is there something similar that would ??.

i use a free program called andr from app store that will work or u can run the box using kodi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

It might be more child friendly to get another low'ish spec enigma box. I have used the VU+ Zero and Edision OS Mini and a plugin called Remote Channel Stream Convertor. Connect the box to the home network and setup the plugin. You can add all (or some) bouquets from the Duo2, you can setup the box with same image / skin, you can access recordings on the Duo2.

Basically you get full functionality with same user experience.

My brother has a Broadband & TV package & he has shared his online account details with me.

If I go onto the Internet (on a PC) in my home, I can watch all TV channels in his subscription
    Also, I can chromecast the channels from my PC to my TV but I'm wondering is it possible to connect my VU+DUO2 to his Internet channel subscription and be able to watch them on my TV ??

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Hi, can anyone recommend (or provide) a good image for the Duo 2 that combines Saorview and UK FTA Satellite channels into single EPG?
    I have a dual DVB-S tuner and using a PlayStation Play tuner for DVB-T.
    Thank you!

Hi, can anyone recommend (or provide) a good image for the Duo 2 that combines Saorview and UK FTA Satellite channels into single EPG?
    Thank you!

latest Vix does that if im correct

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭ocy

My 8year old vu duo is not doing so well, crashing constantly and choppy playing of recordings.

Hard drive appears to be ok. We replaced a capacitor a year or so ago and worked on for a while.

So have decided to splash the cash and buy a replacement . Is the vu duo2 the best replacement.

Ideally want minimum 2 satellite tuners ability to watch/record 2 or more terrestial channels (2 satellite transponders) variable speed play.

Any help appreciated. Where is best to buy from?

to be honest duo2 seem to be the best choice as there is alot of support for it (tons of images, plugins etc.) and youll decide to go for it, try:
    http://www.satworld.ie/vu-duo2-linux-satellite-receiver.html

I've Duo and Duo 2 both still going strong and very little hassle with them over the years.

Maybe check out the thread by newclareman on the satellite forum about the set up and box he has posted about.
    Looks a good set up and relatively cheap.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057925678

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Thank you!

Hi, just checking in again on above request.
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cargen

Hi, just checking in again on above request.
    Thank you!

Openvix with autobouquet maker plugin should do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Hi All, a few years ago I was looking at getting a Vu Duo box. In the end, I upgraded to Sky Q.
    What is the best box on the market.
    I'd have two satellite feeds, 1 Saorview feed and I'd add a HDD.

Advertisement